Chapter 42

We have been driving for about three hours and Meredith got tired so I told her to take a nap

We have been driving for about three hours and Meredith got tired so I told her to take a nap. I stopped at a gas station to fill up but I didn't really want to leave Meredith out here asleep by herself.

"Meredith baby" I say softly trying to wake her up. She wont budge so I tried harder still nothing.

I wrote a note and locked the doors and went inside to buy her some snacks because we forgot ours at home and to pay for the gas. I basically ran inside.

I picked out some gummies because I know she loves those and other actual snack stuff not just candy. I paid and quickly went back to the car. I unlocked the doors and got in. I'm very relieved that she didn't wake up.

I put the snacks behind my seat but I could still reach it in case she can't.
I continued driving it was a two day drive. Meredith had her first day of school in five days so by the time they got there she would have three days to get situated before her first day bit it might me two because I'm pretty sure we will stop at a hotel tonight.

It was peaceful driving with her asleep but her snoring wasn't the best I am used to it though. If she was awake it would be better I love her and her company and her asleep is just boring. Another hour as passed and she is still asleep.

I put my hand on her thigh rubbing it and hoping it would work to wake her up because if she sleeps the whole ride no way she will let me sleep at the hotel tonight maybe I'll just let her drive while I sleep. She is starting to stir finally.

"Hm?" She hummed a bit confused.

"Mer you've been sleeping for two hours" I chuckle looking at her briefly before looking back at the road.

"Two hours really?" She laughed still waking up.

"Really" I nodded my hand still on her thigh.

"Sorry" she mumbles.

"Don't be sorry Love" I say squeezing her thigh lightly.

I see her smile out of the corner of my eye. She yawns and lays her head back on the seat. "Still a little tired?" I ask with a grin.

"Just a little" she giggles.

"Are you fine with stopping at a hotel for the night?" I ask her.

"Are you tired?" She asks me.

"Meredith we left at nine in the morning it's been four hours it's only twelve I can stay awake until at least ten tonight" I tell her.

"Yeah we can stop at a hotel tonight" she giggles putting her hand on top of mine.

"You're cute you know that?" I ask her.

"No" she says looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Well you and you scrunch your nose up cutest thing ever" I say.

"Whatever" she rolls her eyes.

"What? I'm being serious" I laugh.

"It's not funny!" She laughed hitting my shoulder lightly not wanting to make me swerve.

"You're right it's not funny" I say trying to make a straight face but it wasn't working out very well.

"Of course I am" she says.

"It's cute" I say breaking down in laughs.

"Derek!" She giggled.

"Why are you denying it?" I ask her.

"Because I'm hot not cute" she pouts hugging her pillow she had with her it was more of a stuffed animal thingy I think it's called a squish mallow or something like that.

"Oh I'm so sorry I got ot messed up" I say.

"You better be" she says still holding on to her pillow thingy.

"What's your freind's name?" I ask referring to her pillow.

"It's Evelyn" she says.

"Hmm beautiful" I smile.

"I've always wanted to name my child Evelyn" she says softly.

"Even if it's a boy?" I tease.

"Derek no if it's a boy I like the name Logan" she says.

"What if you get twin girls?" I ask her.

"Scarrlet and Evelyn I don't really like the matching names for twins" she says.

"Those are beautiful names" I smile.

"Is that what you want?" She asks.

"Of course but I have a question" I say.

"Ask away" she says.

"Can we have five kids?" I asks with hope in his voice.

"Five?!" She exclaims.

"Please I mean you might end up with four girls and one boy.." I say.

"Maybe four but five is no" she says.

"Five is one more than four" I frown.

"Yeah but once you have five or more kids it's just out of hand" she says.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Have you not met you and your sisters together and it's like a rule or something" she shruggs.

"Fine four it is" I say.

"Four it is" she giggles.

"Please?" I ask.

"No!" She giggles.

"Fine I tried" I sigh.

She shakes her head with a smile. "I love you" I say.

"I love you too dork" she rolls her eyes.

"I am not a dork" I say with a dramatic sigh.

"You are but your my dork" she says.

"Fine I guess I can settle for that" I sigh.

"I know" she says scrunching her nose up...she isn't cute....she's adorable.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It's been three days! Sorry.

That was a nice cute chapter I hope you liked it.

Suggestions?