Chapter 56

Derek Shepherd

We get to the reception and we all make 'grand' entrances. We get our food and sit at the 'main' table which is where the people that were in the wedding sit. Meredith and I give a speech basically saying thank you for being here.

Every hit their forks against their glasses so I kissed Meredith. Now Cristina is going up to talk about Meredith, and after Mark will talk about me.

"Meredith, how do I start with Meredith" Cristina laughs shaking her head.

"Anything embarrassing" Amelia yells with a laugh.

"Please no" Meredith groans.

"I love you Meredith I hope you know that but you chose me to be your maid of honor now I have to embrace it" Cristina shrugs before she continues. "Now Meredith used to be this innocent child I swear, like very innocent, let me tell you she's not so innocent anymore" she laughs.

"Okay this is where you wrap it up" Meredith says.

"Just saying, hey did you two every do like a kinky student teacher role play?" She asks.

"I told Derek too!" Mark laughs.

"Okay sit down it's Mark's turn you did nothing" Meredith sighs making Cristina sit down with a frown on her face.

"Derek, you know to be honest I didn't think I'd be up here for a second time, at your last wedding I was all lovey dovey and I promised you you would never see that side of me again, so you're not going to. I just want to thank Meredith for giving you a reason in life because if Meredith wasn't here who knows what you'd be doing in life, probably the teacher that nobody likes, anyways I'm ready to party I hope you all are too" he says ending his speech.

"Why couldn't you say something like that" Meredith scolds Cristina.

"Because I didn't want to" she says.

"Whatever" Meredith rolls her eyes.

Everyone starts to hit their glasses again. I smirk at Meredith. "Should we put on a show?" I whisper into her ear.

"They want what they want" she smiles.

I cup her face with my hand before pushing my lips against hers.

We pull away with a smile. "Why do people keep starting that?" Cristina groans.

"Because they like watching them kiss so I mean if the like watching them kiss so much then they are probably saying 'hey you guys should do porn and quit your teaching jobs' just a guess" Mark says.

"Shut up Mark" I glare.

"So are you guys going to make a wedding night sex tape?" Cristina asks.

Meredith looks at me a smirk grows then she looks back at them. "No" she says trying to hide a smile and I lean back in my chair lifting an eyebrow amused.

I feel two hands on my shoulders making me flinch a little. "Don't be so scared now my boy" I hear and look to see my grandfather who was my father's dad so we have always called him 'Grandpa Shepherd.'

"Grandpa, it's been awhile" I smile.

"Well I wouldn't miss the day you wed they one and only Meredith Grey" he smiles.

I notice he doesn't have his cane with him. "Where is your cane?" I frown.

"You know, that thing makes me feel old" he says.

"You need your cane Grandpa" Liz says.

"You're eighty-five and can't walk the best and you walk away from me as soon as I go to the bathroom" I hear my grandmother scold him.