Chapter 49

Meredith Grey

Derek stayed for a few days before he left yesterday and right now he is back at work, at least he is supposed to be at work. "Derek why are you calling me aren't you teaching right now?" I ask.

"This is Meredith Grey correct?" I hear.

"Yes" I nod nervously.

"This is the police calling from Derek's phone he has been stabbed in a middle of a lesson" I hear and drop the phone.

I fall to my knees and put my hand on my chest and my other over my mouth. "Miss. Grey? Miss. Grey are you there?"

I pick the phone back up to respond. "Yes, yes I'm here" I say shakily tears falling down my face.

"The rest of his family have been told but I was told you are his fiance" the officer says.

"Yes yes I am" I say.

"Well the doctors are doing the best they can he was stabbed in the abdomen twice some of his important organs have been effected" he says.

"Okay thank you" I say.

"Sorry for this inconvenience" he says before the line goes dead.

"Cristina!" I yell tears running down my face.

"What Meredith?" She asks walking out our of the bathroom. "Shit Mer what's wrong?" She asks noticing my face.

"Take me to the airport" I say.

"Mer-" she starts.

"Take me to the god damn airport!" I raise my voice.

"Airport we go into the car let's go" she says and we leave the dorm room rushing to get to the car and once we get in I make her speed to the airport.

Once we get there I rush out of the car Cristina right behind me. "Two tickets for the next flight to Seattle" Cristina says.

"Cristina-" I say.

"No way you're going home alone especially like this" she says paying and grabbing the tickets.

We go wait for our flight. "Now can you tell me what is happening?" She asks.

"It's Derek" I say and she nods waiting for me to continue. "He's been stabbed twice and and some of his more major have gotten hit and I just need to get home Cris" I sob.

She puts her arm around me laying her head in mine. He sit there until it's time to board our flight.

Once we land in Seattle we get a cab to the hospital. I rush in but get stopped by my mom and Carolyn.

"Where is he?" I ask panicked.

"They are just finishing up his surgery we just got a update" Carolyn says.

"Okay" I nod.

"Okay" my mom says holding me close and we go to the waiting room with everyone including Mark but no Lexie.

"They only stabbed him?" I ask.

"She held the knife to my throat" Amelia says.

"Oh no Amelia" I sigh giving her a hug.

"Derek called her Daisy" she says.

"That ugly pick me bitch?" Cristina and I say at the same time.

"I think so she was very mad that Derek 'picked' you and not her" Amelia explains.

"It wasn't a competition" I say.

"We know" Carolyn chuckles.

"Mr. Shepherd is out of surgery" we hear.

"Can we see him?" I ask.

"Of course but he is still waking up" he says and we head to his room.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Greys_Leonie_MerDer and I have been plotting this for a while...

Suggestions?