Apno ki kami 🥺

Love is when you trust them enough to cry in front of them, because you can pass a smile to even a stranger

Happy reading 💕
Continuation

At night, Neil was in his room, and sensed Mini's presence, he was holding a picture in his hand, and he looked up at the door and found her standing there, with a photo frame in her hand. Her eyes were tired.

Neil: Mini!! Aao na!!

She came and sat next to him on the bed. He just looked at her, she was staring at the frame. 

Neil: Mini..

Neil: Neil..

He understood. He slowly pulled her close, and she rested her head on his chest, hugging the frame. His heartbeats calmed her down, they stayed there in silence. He just silently stroked her hair, and patted her head, his way to calm her down. And she just snuggled closer to him. After a few minutes of staying that way, Mini slowly lifted her head to look up at him. He smiled at her. 

Neil: Ab bolo.. Kya hua??

Mini: Tum bolo.. You can sense me right??

Neil: That's true.. You're missing your babes and hanuman uncle.. Right??

Mini: And you're missing your parents..

He just looked at her, and she smiled.

Mini: I know you too Neil..

He sighed, and gave her a half smile

Neil: You know, it's just that.. Ye saare celebrations, saare festivities, they bring us a lot of happiness.. Par utna hi...

He choked, and his voice broke.

Mini: Utna hi apno ki kami khatakti hai.. I know.. I do.. Aaj engagement me na.. I just felt ki.. kash yaha bebes hoti, kaash yaha hanuman uncle hote.. To shayad sab kuch kitna alag hota.. You know Babes ka panic me yaha vaha bhag daud karna.. Hanuman uncle ka usse shant karana..

Neil: Mumma ka emotional ho jaana, aur papa ka sab perfect hai kya karke dekhte rehna.. It would all be so different..

They had a smile on their faces, but tears in their eyes..

Neil: But you know Mini.. Agar aaj aisa nahi hai.. To it's just not meant to be.. Bas... (wipes his tears) 

Mini: bas.. We miss them too much.. Haina??

He nodded, and wiped her tears too. Mini wanted to lighten the mood.

Mini: Vaise, tum to dadu se hi darte ho.. Agar babes hoti na, to tumhare sau sau interviews le chuki hoti!! 

She chuckled, and he glared at her

Mini: Vaise to badi sweet si hai meri babes, par mere liye bohot darti hai..

Neil: I guess that's how mothers are..

Mini looked at the picture, which had her, her babes, and hanuman uncle. And then at Neil's, which had Neil, as a 17yr old, his Mom and dad. She just hugged him closer, and let her tears flow, and so did he. They let their pain flow, with the silent tears. That pain, which they had hidden away from the world, maybe because becoming vulnerable was not an option for them until they got each other. 
Mini calmed down, and calmed him down. He still held her close, and she smiled. 

Mini: You know Neil, Australia jaane ke baad na, I just kept things to myself. Kisi se kuch share na karna, jab bhi call aaye, to bas idhar udhar ki baate karna.. I never used to open up. I felt, becoming vulnerable is becoming weak. Aur mai weak nahi ban sakti.. If I needed to survive, mujhe strong banna padega.. 

Neil was startled by the sudden change in topic, but nevertheless, he listened to her.

Mini: Pata hai kyu?? Kyuki.. Mere liye koi tha hi nahi.. I mean, yes.. I agree ki Babes, Hanuman uncle, Dadu Biji sab mujhse bohot pyar karte the.. I know.. Par aisa koi nahi tha jo mujhe samajh paaya hai.. Jiske saamne mujhe kabhi khudko badalna nahi padta tha..

Her eyes turned teary again, and so did his.

Mini: Hamesha sabko lagta tha ki Mini hamesha khush rehti hai, Mini ko kisi cheez se farak nahi padta, Mini bohot strong hai, Mini bohot brave hai.. Mini ko bura nahi lagta... Par ye sach nahi tha Neil!! 

By now she started weeping, and he just kept caressing her hair. 

Mini: Ye sach nahi tha!! Mujhe bhi bura lagta hai, mere bhi feelings hai.. Mai bhi hu to insaan hi na!! Sabke taane, sabki baate, mujhe bhi chubti thi!! I just had become immune to all that.. Par iska matlab ye thodi na hai, ki sabko mujhe hurt karne ka right hai!! Sabne!! Sabhi ne mujhe utna hurt kiya jitna maine kabhi socha bhi nahi tha!! Maine na.. Meri, babes aur hanuman uncle ki ek choti si family ka sapna dekha tha!! Bohot umeed lagayi thi maine!! Bade saare sapne dekhe the maine!! (she vigorously wiped off her tears) But you know what!! Unke shaadi ke din hi.. That very day!! All my hopes, all my dreams shattered!! Tutke bikhar gaye sab kuch!! 

Neil was devastated. He was crying too, but also a bit relieved that she was expressing all her bottled up emotions. 

Mini: Aur meri zindagi se umeed kab uth gayi pata hai?? 

Neil flinched at her words

Mini: Jab meri babes ne hi mere dil ke tukde tukde kar diya!!

All the words resonated in her ears
"Sahi kaha tha Saroj ne, khoon to unhi ka hai na!! Rahegi to hamesha apni baap ki beti na!!"

She hugged Neil closer

Neil (whispered to her): Sshhh!! Bas!! Mai hu yaha!! I'm here!! Sab thik hai!!

Mini: Jiss din Babes ne mujhe "Baap ki beti" kaha tha na, uss din mujhe aise lagne laga ki ye jo meri saamne khadi hai vo meri babes hai hi nahi!! Koi aur hai, jo Saroj mami aur samaj ki baato me aake khudki beti ko bhul gayi!! Neil, maine apni Babes ko apni zindagi bana liya tha, par usne to ek pal me mujhe apni zindagi se phek diya!! She just threw me out of her life, like I was no one to her!! I started to doubt if I really was!!

Neil (whisper): Mini!!

Mini: Uss time pe ek 18 saal ki ladki ko aur kya hi lagega Neil?? Maine jo application ka reply send na karke rakha tha, vo maine send kar diya, aur Australia chali gayi, bas sabse dur.. Jaha mai apne sapne pure kar saku!! Phir again, ek phone call ne meri zindagi badal di!! Babes aur Hanuman uncle ka accident!! Mai thak gayi thi Neil!! I was just tired of everything!! Par phir....

She smiled, Neil was confused. 

Mini: Hmm, phir mujhe ek sadu, akdu, khadus aur badtameez... chef mila!!

Neil: Mini!! 

Mini (clearly ignoring all his glares): Pehle na bohot ajeeb lagta tha, vo ab bhi lagta hai vo alag baat hai... (Neil sulked) Par ek vohi hai, jo bheed me meri aankhe padh leta hai (he smiled remeniscing the moment) jo meri har ankahi baat ko samajh leta hai.. har ek baar mujhe "sense" kar leta hai, jaise kuch time pehle kiya tha.. (he chuckled) Ek insaan, bas ek.. Jisne mujhpe kabhi mistrust nahi kiya, hamesha mujhpe vishvas kiya!! (she looked at him) And that's why, (interwined her hands with his) I'm the happiest getting married to you Neil Oberoi!! (she said looking at their engagement rings)

Neil was overwhelmed with her words, but obviously, he HAD to make a lame joke..

Neil: Tum mere baare me bol rahi thi?? I didn't realise!!

This was enough to get her into her Lioness mode. She turned to him, and got hold of his collar.

Mini: Tumne meri baate thik se suni nahi kya Neil Oberoi??!!

He pulled to himself by the waist.

Neil: I told you!! I always listen to you Mini!! 

TBC 🥰

Precap: Ritual or Someone's plot??

Who do you think can plot something at this time against MiNeil??
What do you think they are up to??
Is MiNeil marriage going to go smoothly??

Drop your guesses in the comments 🤗
Aur guys, ye batao, are you really liking the chapters??
Kyuki I feel that maybe you guys are feeling it's boring.. Is it so?? Please tell it!!