Breakdown 🥺

Happy reading 💕
Continuation.

Three days pass after the incident, but there was no improvement in Mini or Meera's condition, Neil tried his best to keep them active and involved in something, but they either sat silently or sometimes even worse, walked away without saying a word. The family lost all hopes, but still kept trying. Meera's health was only deteriorating, and she won't talk. The haveli, which was once filled with the giggles of the two girls, always full of life and happy, was a witness of their silence, and emotionless faces.

Mini wouldn't talk anything, no matter who tried to talk to her, they would get nothing in answer from her, except Neil, to whose words she would either nod, or give an almost inaudible "hmm" in answer. This only led to Neil's constant breakdowns, he wasn't able to take it anymore, he would cry the night away, and still wear a smile on his face the next morning. The family felt helpless, and did their bit, of trying to cheer them up by visiting, cooking for them and other things. 

At night, Neil would make sure the two girls are asleep, and would sit alone in the balcony, which was always "their" place, the difference was just that, with Mini, the silence was spent in smiles, whereas without her, spent in tears. It was the fourth time he was spending his night at that place in the same condition, sitting in the balcony, staring up at the sky with tears blurring his vision, and him wiping it off every few minutes. It was midnight, when he heard a thud from Mini's room, he got up and ran to her room.

Mini woke up sweating, she in anxiousness pushed away the glass of water kept on the table and ran to the washroom and turned on the tap of the wash basin, and started rubbing her hand with water so hard, they became red. Neil entered was terrified to the sight in front of him. She was not in her senses at all, one thing he knew, she can't hold herself back anymore. He ran to her and took her hands in his, and she immediately jerked his hand off, at the look of it, in fear..

Mini (shouting): Chodo mujhe!! Don't touch me!! Mujhse dur raho!!

He was devastated looking at her, he understood why she started rubbing her hands vigorously. She had the glimpses of that incident and hated his touch on her. Her hands were completely wet, she was sweating and shaking badly. He knew exactly what to do.. He pulled her into a warm, comforting hug. She tried to protest, but he held her tighter, and safer, and she felt comfort all of a sudden.

Neil: Mini, mai hu.. Tumhara Neil!! Yaha aur koi nahi hai!! It's okay.. Relax!! I'm right here.. Tumhe kuch nahi hoga.. 

He kept rocking her in his arms like one would do with a child, because she was one right now. After a few minutes, she wrapped her arms tight around him, and he smiled, for the first time in four days. She sobbed in his embrace, let out all her feelings through tears. She weeped, whined, complained, hit his chest with her small fists, and all he would do is listen, and stroke her hair, to calm her down.

Mini: Neil, vo.. vo.. kabir..

Neil flinched at the mention of Kabir, but still, before he let her to continue, he slowly tried to bring her back into the room as her throat had dried up due to continuous crying and shouting, but she was stumbling. So he picked her up, and brought her to the bed, she still clutching onto his shirt and her head on his chest, like she didn't want to move an inch away from him. She didn't leave his shirt, and he understood. So he let her be and sat on the bed, with her still clutching onto him, like a small afraid child. He held her, and she continued speaking.

Mini: Uss din, hum dono.. dukaan jaa rahe the kuch lene ke liye. Hum.. baat kar rahe the ki patiala me itna sannata kyu hai, sab kuch.. Jab.. peeche se Kabir aaya.. Meera.. vo to jaise.. koi bhoot dekh liya ho.. darr gayi thi.. Aur kabir khud ko.. Meera ka ex bol raha tha.. when Meera called him an obsessed psycho..

Neil was beyond shocked.

Mini: Phir, kisi peeche se hume maara, aur Meera behosh ho gayi.. Vo kabir..

She tightened her hold on his shirt, and he held her tight, indicating that she was safe.

Mini (breaking): Usne mujhse badtameezi se baat ki, mera haath.. mera haath pakadne ki koshish ki usne...

Neil was breaking from inside with every word she spoke, and so was she, but Neil composed himself, because he knew she needed him.

Mini: I felt disgusted with his touch on my hands, I did not feel safe, nor comfortable.. Mujhe.. bilkul achha nahi laga Neil!!

She was sobbing, and Neil shed silent tears, still trying to console her. 

Mini: Vo.. bachpan ki yaadein.. jatin chacha.. sab kuch!! Everything!! Jo bhi mai bhulna chahti thi.. sab.. jaise.. reeled in front of me.. I.. I just couldn't register anything.. aur phir.. mai behosh ho gayi, par... usse pehle I saw.. Bobby.. Police.. Preet..

She was calming down slowly, much to Neil's relief.. After a good half an hour, she finally stopped crying. Neil slowly looked at her, and wiped her tears. And hugged her again. Still in the hug, he said.. 

Neil: Mini.. No matter what.. Yaad rakhna.. You're Mini.. My Mini madam.. Strongest and Bravest of all, jo shayad kabhi kamzor pad bhi jaaye, par kabhi haarti nahi.. Kabhi haar nahi maanti.. Never!! You're stronger than what you've gone through, stronger than anything that breaks you.. Brave enough to stand up once again.. To punish those who wronged you, and be that Mini you always were, for those waiting for you, your family!! And will you promise me something??

She lifted her head and looked at him questioningly. 

Neil: That you'll give me my mini back. Vo mini, jo kabhi chup nahi rehti thi.. (she frowned and he chuckled) jo hamesha hasti thi, par usse zyada chillati thi, vo alag baat (her frown deepened and he giggled silently) Jo der tak soti thi, par uthte hi ghar me ronak aa jati.. I need that mini back, jisko na, dantne chillane se fursat nahi milti thi, vo meri violent aur hinsavadi Mini madam.. Hitler!!

He immediately got a punch on his arm for this long list which he gave. He whined, and she smiled at him. They smiled wholeheartedly after days. Mini again kept her head on his chest, peacefully listening to his heartbeats, serene and calm after a big chaos in her life.. After a few minutes, when she remembered...

Mini: Neil.. Meera??

Neil (sighed): I don't know Mini, vo bhi kuch baat nahi kar rahi, kisi cheez pe react nahi kar rahi.. Agar koi saath me nahi ho, to dopeher ka rakha khana raat tak aisa hi rahega, kuch khati peeti nahi hai!! 

Mini noticed the restlessness in his voice, and worry in his eyes, and couldn't help but think how he had handled everything in these 4 days, and worried for her. She cupped his face and nodded in a no, giving a "we'll figure something out" look to him. Neil hugged her again, still worried for her, fear didn't seem to leave his heart, what if he wakes up in the morning and all this turns out to be a dream??!! Mini tightened the hug, understanding his condition. He smiled.

Neil: Mini.. You know na, No matter what!! Mai hu tumhare saath, aur hamesha rahunga tumhare saath, tumhare liye, khada rahunga!!

Mini: I know!! And I hate you Neil Oberoi!!

Neil: I hate you too Mini madam!!

TBC 🥰

Precap: Meera's past!!

What do you think MiNeil will do to help Meera??
Does Mini know about Saroj Mami's fiasco at the hospital??
Where is Kabir??

Drop your guesses in comments 🤗
Aur batana kaisa laga update!!