Honesty

[A/N: I hope this holds everyone over until the new uploads for tomorrow! Enjoy, my lovely readers! 🖤-K]

[🌙This chapter contains slight insinuations and swearing (by Steven)🌙.]
***
I attempted to push the traumatizing memories farther out of my reach. If I allowed my past to interfere with my present, there was no possible way that I would be able to successfully finish what I had set out to do.

"(Y/N)?" Steven's name echoed through the air as he called from outside. He must have already searched the tents for necessities and was waiting for me.

With a fake smile, I pushed the material of the tent open and exited, seeing him standing in between the tents we had agreed to search. "I'm here, Steven." I answered, walking towards him, hopefully convincing him that my mind wasn't already preoccupied. "Did you find anything?"

Steven nodded and retrieved two flashlights from behind his back. "Yes, I did!" He stated proudly, twirling them in hands.

I faintly chuckled. "Great! Come on, I found the rappelling equipment." I motioned to Steven to follow me towards the large opening in the ground. He eagerly trodded after me and peered into the hole in the rocky surface. With a thud, I dropped the backpacks containing the ropes and necessary clips and fasteners. "Here, let's you tied in, okay?"

Steven shook his head profusely. "No, let me help tie you up- I, no, I'm- I meant tie you in. I can help you first." He was thoroughly flushed and scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably.

Breaking our eye contact, Steven licked his lips and reached into the backpack, retrieving a tangled mess of the entwined cords. His eyebrows knit in confusion and he began to carefully unravel the matted cords until they broken free from the other.

He glanced back up to me, unsure of how to actually wear or even adorn a rappelling harness. "Here, I'll show you, you have to step into the spaces for the legs." I offered, reaching for the cord in his hands.

He swiftly pulled away, rejecting my help. I raised an eyebrow and glanced upward at his determined face. "Let me do it, I can do it for you, (Y/N)." He whispered, kneeling before me on on the rock.

Steven's eyes continued to hold my gaze as he rested on his knees, glancing up at me. He carefully held the harness open for me to step into, and I obliged, placing my hands onto his firm shoulders for support.

I inserted my first foot, followed by my second, and Steven responded by advancing the straps upwards and over my calves. Once he reached my thighs, his progression slowed, his knuckles trailing over my clothed skin. Unintentionally, my fingers squeezed his shoulders and he ceased to advance any farther, his thumbs resting on the middle of my thighs.

"And...you just pull it all the way u-up..." I whispered down towards Steven who was staring up at me with wide eyes, almost needy in a sense.

"Yeah, okay..." He licked his lips and nodded, resuming the pathway of the harness, and standing up fully. He abruptly tugged the ropes around my waist, securing my legs with the cord. But he didn't let go. "What next?"

"Next you um..." His hands were still gripping the rope that encased my hips. "You have to tighten the clasps around the middle, there..." I responded, pointing to the metallic clip that rested besides my bellybutton.

"Alright." He agreed, releasing the cord and grasping the clip against my stomach. His fingers brushed against my covered abdomen, releasing wild butterflies in the process. He began to pull the rope tightly through the clasp, consequently forcing me closer to him. "Like that?" He breathed, ecstatic to be in this position.

I could only nod, still feeling his knuckles against my stomach. "Mhm...your turn." I quickly turned from his infatuating presence and grabbed the second harness. "Same process for you."