Message

[A/N: Hello, lovelies. Before you continue, remember that I've been leaving you all hints in previous chapters! I've seen a few comments come really close to understanding the implications. I love you all. As always, enjoy! -K🖤]

[🌙This chapter contains swearing and sexual insinuations.🌙]
***
The moon vividly illuminated the familiar sandy path that I swiftly treaded, my brisk strides taking me directly to Marc's abode within the sleeping city.

I was pissed.

After entering his home, I immediately strode to his bedroom and positioned myself at his window that overlooked the pyramids. My arms were crossed and my neck was splotchy with heated patches of frustration.

It was perfect timing, as I only had to wait for a moment before a gloved hand reached to grab the bottom of the window before heaving the rest of his cloaked body up towards my already waiting scowl.

Before he could stealthily climb into the window, I leaned out with my hands beside his on the ledge, glaring down at him.

He immediately stilled, feeling that he had been caught, and slowly craned his obscured face upwards to meet my flaring stare. His glowing eyes squinted and the material covering his face shifted, as if he was smiling beneath the wrapped material of his mask.

"Marc. Spector." I gritted, tightening my grip onto the ledge of the window, keeping my face distanced from his approaching one.

"Hello, my beautiful moon..." He cooed, slightly pulling himself closer, and trying to distract my increasing heated frustration. He seemed disappointed when I refused to reciprocate his happiness to see him.

"Don't 'beautiful moon' me. You were supposed to help me. Two days ago." With that, I removed myself from the window and began to head towards the opposite side of the room. I wasn't going to spend another moment in the bedroom where I never left the same way I entered.

Marc swiftly entered the room and lightly landed onto the rough ground with both feet. He didn't hesitate to hurriedly reach my retreating form.

"Wait, baby, wait!" Marc pleaded, grabbing my waist and preventing me from exiting his room that was more accurately our shared bedroom. "What do you mean? You told me to come tomorrow."

He spun me to face him and his mask was now gone, leaving him in his white suit, the cape rusting around my legs at the close proximity. His face was saturated with sweat and there were remnants of blood along his forehead and cheek.

Seeing his exerted state broke my heart.

"No, Marc. I told you three days ago. You promised me that you would help me escape the temple early so we could spend the evening together." His forehead creased in remembrance and he closed his eyes in regret. "But I see that you have more important duties to attend to."

I turned to leave again, but Marc's hands refused to let me abandon him. "I'm sorry baby, I didn't...I didn't even realize how much time had passed and Khonshu had me-"

"Khonshu." I reiterated, pronouncing his name as if it were a curse.

Marc eyes worriedly met my determined expression and he began to knead his thumbs into my hips, hoping to ease me and possibly distract me.

"Is he here?" I questioned, shifting Marc's guilty and downcast face to meet mine. He nodded and his eyes flickered to the space behind me and above my head. I barely turned my head to the side. "Leave."

A strange gust shuffled the room before calming again.

"My love, I'm sorry, you know I wouldn't have let you down, or left you alone, on purpose. Please let me make it up to you." He practically begged, his lips finding mine gently and in an apology.