The Legend of the Sun and the Moon

[A/N: My lovelies, we have come full circle. In honor of Wednesdays being Moon Knight's original date of episode releases, I wanted to also reserve this Wednesday as the finality of this book as well. I will be starting another book based on Triple Frontier (enemies to lovers: Santi/Pope) very soon, as well as officially updating the other book I have dedicated to Moon Knight preferences. And so, my loves, here is the conclusion. Perhaps I'll consider adding some epilogue chapters if you so desire. For a final time, please enjoy the last chapter of The Moon and the Sun. -K 🖤]
***
Since the dawn of time, humanity has manufactured stories to explain every phenomenon and issue within the world. Over time, these stories evolved into legends, and those legends would be altered and changed until the original tale was unrecognizable.

This is the same for the legend of the Sun and the Moon.

There have been many revisions and additions to this fable of tragic love. Depending on who reiterates the story next has the ability to alter it enough to achieve a desired response.

Sometimes, the story can be changed as it's being told.

As for the legend of this Sun and Moon, their fate was changed, not because they waited for time to pass nor for the gods to intervene, but because they desired more than what had been destined for them.

Time is a constant, a measurable yet infinite capacity that will forever surpass the minuscule lives of humanity. As for the gods, they reign in an unseen and elevated position as watchers of the world below, invested, and sometimes working on behalf of the humans at their beckoning.

And yet, no god, time, nor even death itself dared to stand between or separate the Sun and the Moon, as their celestial and perfected love obliterated their distinctive orbital patterns and spacial differences that attempted to force them apart.

Their gravitational fields were not instituted because of the world between them, but were perfectly balanced because of the other, always reaching and eagerly anticipating for the next moment they could embrace once again.

The cycles of both the lunar and solar inferences can be calculated and expected, but as with many things, such as the ever-changing myth of the Sun and the Moon, it can also be altered, only if one's will is stronger than their acceptance of defeat.

The polarity of the Sun and the Moon will forever be opposing and striking within the heavens. The Sun is seething my powerful, a display of healing, and is eternally effervescent. The Moon is nurturing, reserved, and although smaller in size, just as oppositely authoritative as the Sun.

And so, the epic of this Sun and Moon concludes with the promise of the creation of a new solar system forged of their own accord and choice to rewrite their fate. Their own universe they established to house their formation of new constellations, and the remembrance of fallen stars, memoirs of those who passed on before.

There will always be darkness in every galaxy, every universe, and in the farthest reaches of space that threatens to overwhelm the planets and the cosmos. But behind the shadows is an approaching light, a nebula of deliverance, seeking to illuminate the deepest and most hollow of hidden crevices.

The Sun will always need the darkness to showcase its celestial brilliance, and the Moon will always need the luminiferous rays to embrace its ethereal majesty.

Without each other, a disastrous, cosmic imbalance would ensue.

But because they were created to be the opposites of their counterpart, eternally and poetically drawn to desire the other, the world and the rest of the universe (and the multiple variations of it) can find assurance that harmony, balance, and redeeming love will observe and protect the essence and sanctity of life itself forevermore.