Pink Camellia

Akashi Haruchiyo despite only being a year older than Senju was used to taking care of her since their older brother had left that job mostly for him so if he started doing the same to Mikey and also Baji, it would be to the surprise of no one.

It started one evening when the foursome was at the Sano household playing even if technically Haruchiyo and Mikey were just watching Baji and Senju run from one side to another as the energetic little shits they were.

"When will Shin-nii be back? I'm hungry!" whined Mikey pouting

"Here" said Haruchiyo giving him some snacks he always had for Senju

"Thanks!" cheered Mikey accepting the taiyaki that Haruchiyo offered him

This simple action started Mikey's clingy and completely childish behaviour and Haruchiyo as his first babysitter.

Everything was great and the babysitter/child duo was really close which led Shinichiro, Wakasa or Grandpa Sano to tease them about being more like siblings than with their blood siblings or how they would get married in the future.

Everyone was perfect, right?

But the universe didn't permit that to last.

That day arrived and nothing could stop that incident.

Even if for everyone it just didn't make sense how it ended up like that.

But Haruchiyo and Mikey were no longer the duo they once were, especially because they never saw each other again until some years later.

.

.

.

"Laugh, Haruchiyo"

"Ah, ha, haha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAHA"

.

.

.

"Har-"

"Mikey, who were you going to talk to?"

"No one, Emma. Let's go ask Shin-nii for food!"

"Yes!"

.

.

.

"I miss him..."

"Mikey..."

"Hey, guys! What made you so sad?"

"Yeah, it's strange to see you like that"

"Nothing, Kenchin!"

"Ah?! Stop calling me that!"

"Let's go eat some taiyaki!"

"...Come on, Mitsuya. Draken will someday kill Mikey for this"

"Pffft, true! But really it's funny how Draken is Mikey's babysitter despite being the age"

"Yeah..."

.

.

.

Baji was surprised when he saw Mikey bring Sanzu behind him during a meeting. He looked the same, just with longer hair(Baji had let his hair grow remembering that once Sanzu had told them he wanted to let his hair grow but that Takeomi didn't let him), but the aura around him showed that he had changed...just like all of them did after that day.

He was happy to see him but he also feared the trauma that day might have left behind. Baji knew better than anyone else that Sanzu and Mike cherished each other more than anything but he also knew that no matter how much both may want to go back to what they were it would be impossible.