In The Office.

"Hunter..."           Nate stood by the desk.

"..Sir?.."             Hunter looked at Nate, saw the hand full of paper.

"..Can you read this..."            Nate handed Hunter the forms.

Hunter took them, sat down.....Started to read. Going through some of the paragraphs, chewing his lip....Frowning, made a quiet tutting noise (Some details were...Off, mildly threatening) He then looked up at Nate.

"..She's screwed you, sir.     If, you don't mind me saying...."

"..Yes!       My mother love's me sooo much, she can't physically kill me.    Too many questions!      But, she can do this...."

Hunter stood up.

"..Sir, I can handle this.     And so will Gus. We both know what to do. Trust me..."          Hunter put the forms down

"..Don't mention this to Lucy. But, I'd say.....She probably already knows. Have you told Miss?.."

".....no...."        Nate was shaking his head, eyes wide.

Hunter gave Nate an assessing look, he then went to the filling cabinet.......Opened it, and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses.    Poured Nate a shot.

"..Drink this.      Soldiers would have a shot before they went to war.."

Nate took the small glass, looked at Hunter.....And, down it within seconds.

"....Did it help them?..."

"Maybe.      Only time could tell, who came back. Who didn't!..."        Hunter tried to give Nate a confident look.   But, they both knew it was a "A-roll-of-the-dice" kind of statement.

Lucy walked into the room then.

"Don't let him drink, Hunter..."           She walked up to Nate, looked into his eyes.

"..He's scared.     He hasn't told her, she's.....she's...." Lucy stood back, put her hand to her mouth.....At first just touching her lips. Then covered her mouth completely.

She looked at Hunter, then back to Nate.

"..You need to tell her, Ignatius.     Your going to need her....."

Lucy looked like she wanted to cry, her eyes were wide......Hands moving around, Lucy just wasn't sure what to do with herself. The feeling had been with her for the last two days......She just couldn't shake it. She hadn't said anything to Hunter, she wanted to be sure (That it wasn't going to happen, it might even be something she was making up!)

Nate slammed the glass down. He didn't mean to do it so hard, his action even scared him a bit. Hunter frowned......And gently tried to touch Lucy's arm.

Lucy looked across the room to the table......Where the forms had been left.   She picked the first sheet up, then the next.....A coldness hit her, a small grasp left her mouth.

"..Call Ruby!.......Ignatius.      They are damming you!....."

Both Hunter and Nate, looked at Lucy......Shock spreading across their faces.

--------------------------------------------- £€¥•

What Does He Know.

"Do you think he knows he's popular?.."

"He doesn't think like that, Ruby.."

"He ignores me, Did you know that..."