Expensive Plate.

I walked in to the kitchen, Nate was kneeling, kinda crouching on the floor, over something. When I got closer....."OH....GOD!!....BIG TROUBLE. You've done it now, Nate!..."

I looked at all the broken pieces, not even I would be that stupid to touch, that dish!

"..She's going to be angry......And send your sorry ass back to where you came from.    Maybe even the hospital.." I was standing right over him now, he was carefully trying to pick the pieces up.

He looked up at me.

I took my hands off my hips (Ruby. Stop the crap talking, and help him...) I was doing it again. Being the bitch, I tried sooo hard not to be!

"I'll help you.....Your missing pieces..."

I knelt down, opened a cupboard.....Pulled out a brush and pan, started to sweep a little.

Nate was smiling at me. Why does he do that?......He should be hating me, and refusing to have anything to do with me! I watched as his long fingers picked small bits of china off the floor.....He'd put them in piles, and then let me sweep the piles up. I'd pulled out some newspaper......This plate wasn't going back together! (And it was a nice one too)

"Good morning, young people of the future!..." Audrey was in a good mood, she was feeling more capable of looking after Nate......He was eating for her, he'd take the medications without giving her "death-stares".......Still hadn't conquered the turning of his "pins in arm". But, he'd let her try. Audrey had also been told she could do some work at home.....Work had been a little unsure at first....But, she'd offered to do "extra" articles.

Audrey looked at us......"That's....Not.....What I think, that is?!..."

"......yes....it is...." I looked over at Nate. He was standing up, moving towards her.......Frowning, looking at her.....About to speak (Which would have been interesting, Nate didn't talk to Audrey)

(He looked, stared, glared....Frowned, screwed his face up....Pointed, gestured, pulled away....Showed utter annoyance, smiled, grinned. Poked his tongue out, if he thought she wasn't looking. I'd laugh. He could be very animated, when the mood took him. Despite myself.....I could watch him for hours! It's not that he didn't want to.....I'm just not sure why...) But, any way!

"I did it!....I'm sorry, I was moving things around, I held the plate up to show Nate.....It slipped.....and.....You can see....What happened..."

Audrey wanted to yell at me....But, with Nate so close to her, she'd learned the hard way.....Yelling at one teen, with an unpredictable teen beside you....Leads to problems!

(Last time Nate wouldn't go near her for a week. Meals, med's....Were interesting!..)

"Your Grounded!..."
"What?...oh!....shit!.."

Audrey went and turned on the coffee machine, turned looked at me.

"You can do some jobs around the house....The gardens need weeding, there's leaves on the back lawn, dishes to wash. You can tidy your room, vacuuming would be nice....The list is long....And..."

(...Not the phone, not the phone...I NEED my phone, it's my Life!....)

"....You can hand over your phone, Your going to be having a very busy weekend..."

Nate looked at me, if there still wasn't broken china still on the floor.....I would have thrown myself there.....And screamed!

I got up....."Fine! Okay. Being mature....Here's the phone. Walking away..." I thumped Nate, as I walked past him.....Stood in the doorway.

"How much was that plate? Two zero's?..."

"Try four.....I honestly didn't think any one would go to that cupboard.." Audrey sighed, looked at Nate..."We have to turn the pins..."

Nate shuddered, frowned....Stepped back. Looked at the floor, looked up, shook his head.....Looked over at me. Nodded, walked towards the dinning room.

Nate sat at the table, rolled up his sleeve....Audrey sat down with the kit, the hospital had given her.....Looked at Nate, who was now looking away. He did NOT want to do this.

Audrey cleaned the area....Loosened the first screw...slightly. The next, and went down the line. Picked up the swab.....Dipped it into the cleaning solution, was about to start cleaning.....When Nate moved his arm back, shaking his head......"No, no, no..."

"Nate, bring your arm back....The screws are lose..." Audrey gently reached for his hand, but Nate kept moving back, shaking his head.

Audrey sat back. Very expensive broken plate....Now this!

I walked up to the table...."I'll do it.."

I sat down, grabbed his arm....A small cotton bud. Looked at him...."Your arm won't heal, it'll break.....And they will cut it off.."

Nate looked at me, eyes going a little wide. Audrey watched a minute or two...."I'll make breakfast..."

Nate relaxed after a minute.....I finished off the cleaning, retighten the screws.

"....thanks......the plate.....this..."

"You Owe Me.....And I Will Collect.." Nate grinned at me.

His eyes were oceans of dark coffee colours, and the smile was filled with dimples......I was slowly getting lost looking at him.

I started putting the bottles and stuff away.....Gathering up the used swabs and cotton buds. If you keep this up, Nate....I may have to start liking you.

Later that day.

I'd have had enough of these leaves, if we had an axe....I'd chop the tree down. Nate had offered to "help".....Audrey found him, and told him to "un-help" me.....And find something to do, I was doing this for a reason. Nate stared at her, hunched his shoulders, walked off. Audrey looked at me...."Keep going!       You missed a leaf.....Over...There!.."

About 4pm.

"We've going out....Now..."      Nate nodded.
"Oh....really.....Okay.."

Nate was walking towards the bus-stop, turned....Waited. Within the next five minutes a bus came.....He pulled me on to it, paid the fare for two, we sat at the back.

"Where to, Ignatius?.."
"You'll see.." He grinned at me.

The bus took us to a side of town, I really didn't know existed.....The streets were dark looking, like the sun never really made it this far, it had been on our side.....And thought....Nah!   Will shine here some other time.

We got off, Nate looked around.....He seemed to know where he was going.      I sure as hell didn't!

"This way..."            He held my hand, pulled me down the street, we walked past some ally ways.....Strange people would look up, or at me......But as soon as they saw Nate staring back, they would quickly look away.

"You do know, where we're going?.."
"...Yep..."          He looked down at me....I was trying to look....Self assured, worldly.     But, all I wanted to do was hold his arm tightly, and walk real close to him. Nate let go of my hand and put his arm around me.....Suddenly I felt more secure.

Nate took us to a bar...."Drunk-a-Clock" : Any Where in the World Someone is Drinking....You can Too!
BEST POOL TABLES IN TOWN!!!!

"Long name..."        I looked at the sign.
"Cheap drinks..."        Nate grinned again.