Interest.

Warning : Abusive Actions. Read with Care.
-------------------------------------------

Harper had heard I'd visited.......Nate always seemed more reasonable after my visits. If she could just see him before Liz came by, things between the two of them might be good for today. Of late, they hadn't been bad.....But they hadn't been that great either.

Harper hoped things could improve in time.

"Is he already Up? Dressed? Breakfast? Anything?!Actually, why am I even talking to you!..."

Harper stared at the nurse. (She didn't care what her name was. They were just called "Nurse" to her....Or Jackie? Janet? WHAT EVER!!)

"Ms Winters, his mother likes to be the first to see him each day. He should be available after that, okay.."

"What Ever!..."

Harper sat down. Dam it!......NOW suited her better. She hoped Liz didn't make him too crazy. He'd get tense, frown a lot. Glare at her. He'd make her have to get "tough". That's not how she liked to spend her time with him!

The sad face look, staring at the ground - Just pissed her off. In those moments she would have to make him "snap" out of it.

And the NOT listening! Really drove her insane!

(That's where she'd have to hit him)

He'd get angry, refuse to look at her....Tell her to f##k off, tried to tell a nurse once (Even told his mother, Liz spoke to Harper, told her to stop) But, she didn't stop.

Couple times later - He'd try to move, hopelessly held up his hands (That worked! Not) Once he'd cried. He said no, he didn't.....But, he had.

Harper yelled at him. Then stormed out of the room, muttering....."Good heavens, I'm NOT watching THAT!!!.." Under her breath.

"Do......You know, how long, she's going to be?.."

"...Who?..."

"His Mother! Mrs French!..."

"Not long. She likes to talk, it doesn't last long. She might even talk to you too..." The nurse was trying to be helpful.

Harper rolled her eyes. GREAT! A chat with Liz. Harper guessed she better try - They would be related soon.

Half an later (Harper was surprised, she'd waited that long.....But, any way!)

"...Ignatius! How are we going? Good? Okay?..."

Harper looked at him, Nate looked up - Not angry. Not sad (Good) Didn't want to start the day hitting him. Listening, alert - Excellent!

"We need to be going out. We need to get to know each other...."

Harper was rattling off some thoughts, ideas - She was feeling positive about this visit. He wasn't making her want to hit him. And, that had to be a good and positive thing....Didn't it?

Nate was watching her, listening. But, his eyes kept wandering to the door.

Would I come? Did I say today? He really wanted to remember.

Fuck! Harper's standing in front of him. She looks.......ANGRY.

Nate looked up at her (Here it comes!) Nate backed up into the chair, hands trying to stop it (But, of course they couldn't) He scrunched up his eyes (It wouldn't hurt so much, if he didn't look) Wait, a minute......She's looking at him. She's still too close though.