Things To Remember.

After walking around, I spotted a rest room.

"We can go there....And use that..."

Nate nodded.

It was a nice convenient's area, tucked neatly between two shops.   Had fake flowers throughout the small rooms, and smelled of lemon.

We used the "mother's room"..... It was empty.

After helping him remove the hospital clothing, he then pulled out a grey v-neck jumper, white t-shirt and jeans.......He then put on a pair of black converse ankle sneakers.

"Whatta ya think?     Maybe the Rangers t-shirt?..." Nate grinned.

".....No, you look good..."
"...okay..."            Nate looked in the mirror, screwed up his face.
"I look.....okay. Sure, I can't wear this.."           He held up the blue t-shirt.
"....no..."

We went to "The Vine".     Not well known, but that's how they liked it. They seated us by a window. The cool thing about this place....They had clouded windows, and crystal chandelier lights.

Nate couldn't stop looking at them.....He was impressed.

"Is this a fancy place or casual?..."
".....Just private...."

"No one minds how I eat.....I can't....use a knife and fork...."
"No, no one cares. Who said you can't eat properly?..."

Nate looked down at the table, then at the salt and pepper shakers.

".......just some shit from Harper. I don't care what she says.     She's not nice, pretends......But, she's not...."

Ooooo.....I hate her!     But with Nate sitting just beside me, I stayed quiet. I grabbed his hand....."Let's not talk about her, nothing nice can come of that conversation...."

But, I could see he was still annoyed......And maybe hurt.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek....."We'll eat what ever you like..."
"......Pizza?..."
"Pizza it is!.."

Nate ordered the pizza of his choice. It was mine too.

"........Do you know what George wants to talk about, or......Is he going to surprise everyone at the visit?..."

"Liz shit.   Hospital crap.     And...."            Nate looked at me....."Are you sure you want to come?.."

"Yes..."

".......Maybe Harper and the Winters. My future might come up too..."
"Well, I definitely want to be apart of that..."

"......It might get......messy....."
"I don't care. But...I do have something, I want to do with you. Now, could be a good's time as any..."

"What?..."                   Nate leaned in closer to me, large chocolate eyes looking.......Slight dimpled grin.

He was cute when he was like this. I'd been waiting for the right moment.....But, it never seemed to happen. I would try for the friends part......But, I'd make this part happen now.

I waved over a waitress.......Whispered in her ear, smiled back at Nate.

I looked at him......I loved him so much, at times it hurt.

A few minutes later, the waitress returned with a small chocolate cupcake....With a single candle a light on top.

"....Happy Birthday Nate!!...."

Before I had a chance to start singing happy birthday to him.....Nate grabbed me into the biggest hug ever.

"I love you so much..."                 Nate whispered into my ear, I pulled back, and we kissed.