Wasn't Easy.

I was really hoping the med's would've worn off by now.  But, I guess small triggers still got what ever dregs that were left going again.

"Nate.   Remember the last time we came?   Yeah?

Nate nodded.

".....Well, I thought the ground burial was it, I did wonder about the crypts.   I couldn't be sure. Please don't ask to look in the coffin..."

He wouldn't.....but, I just wanted to make that clear. Gus really wanted to help with Nate too. He hated seeing Nate get like this.   Audrey over time had learned to "deal".         Gus was learning, but it still caught him off guard.

Gus had taken Eddie's death hard, and liked Audrey......Telling Nate at the time, had been important to both of them. But, Liz....Being Liz, brushed the whole thing under the carpet. She hadn't taken the news well either.   So, she blanked it out!

Her and Violet went away for the weekend. Nate was given jobs to do, and was then locked away (Somewhere in the house)    On her return.....She mentioned it.      Then said, she didn't want to "talk" about it.

Between the photo book......And this, Nate withdrew into himself, he became impossible to deal with. There was still the "send away" option?    But the menacing person, Nate was at the time - Could she still do something with and somehow keep him?      (Perhaps, she was aware of the French's circling, waiting)

Violet had some ideas (She always did!)

"Can you listen to George?      Gus wants to talk to you too.."

"....Okay.    but you stay here....with me. right here.   not in there...here..."

I could see he was trying to take the insanity down a notch.

Nate sat down.....Looked at George.

"Explain.....please.."

Gus stood beside George.....George looked at the cross, back to Nate.

"A public burial had to be done for family and friends......A place for all to come, pay respects.   His community could witness his passing. It was the "Right thing" to do. Edward's wishes.....He didn't want any part of him in a place where you couldn't see/reach him.

George looked a little strained.

"......The French family on the other hand, insisted some formalities to still be carried out. So, the crypt was bought into the equation...."

Gus looked at George....Then Nate.

"They wanted you next. With Eddie gone, Liz doing what she was doing!      There was a window of opportunity. You were alone in the world.   No one knew where you were...."

Nate looked at Gus.....Nate could see the pained look on Gus face. First his brother.....Then his nephew. All the shit with Liz....He couldn't stop it, then his brother died.   He definitely couldn't stop that.

Nate was never alone....Gus frowned.     Liz letting happen what came next....Then to top it off, work sent him overseas. He spoke with Edith, she didn't agree at first.....He explained it to her (She knew deep down Gus was right)           He made sure Shelley called Audrey.

Nate was starting to get a new understanding of things.

Gus had tried to do what his father couldn't.