Noooo!

".....Jezzzus Christ!..."          Audrey put her hand over her mouth.

She stood for a minute, then sat beside Nate. The corners of Nate's eyes went red.     It took her a second or two, then she gently touched his arm.

"These have to come off.   Actually....I'm taking them off..."
"Don't....He's fine.."     Liz was watching the two of them.

Audrey looked at Liz....."They are coming off.    Now.."

Audrey removed the straps, held one of his hands.

"Your fingers are so cold.."

Liz took a seat, looked out the window...."This" was of no interest to her.

Nate pulled the mouth-guard out.

"..I tried to do what they were asking, Ruby was upset, she got in a fight, Toni's a bitch, I didn't mean to get angry, I have to see Ruby......FuckI'vestuffthingsup!!!!.."

Audrey looked at Nate..."No, you haven't.."

"Tell him.....He'll find out tomorrow, but tell him now, Audrey. I know your just dying too! May as well, get him used to the idea.."
"Shut up, Liz!.."

Nate looked at his mother, then Audrey.

"......What?!..." Nate was suddenly beside himself. Abilities to stay calm came and went

Audrey looked at the floor, back to Nate.

"I'll bring Ruby tomorrow.."
"No, you won't be. He has visitors....And then an appointment with Dr Ellis..."

Nate's eyes went wide, body tensed, hands making fists......Nate looked at Audrey...."Bring Ruby.."

"Audrey, I think you should leave now. Like I said, he'll find out soon enough. He could of heard it from you. But, I guess....Oh, well! Never mind! Another job for me!..."

Both Nate and Audrey stared at Liz....She was enjoying herself, so she smiled back....To Nate's pained face. Audrey, who was "shooting dagger" looks at her.

_________________________ ¥€££€¥ ~ :

Reading.

"Are you reading?.."
Nate looked up, nodded.
"What....Are you reading?.."
Nate held the book up...Smiled.

(He's not "reading"......He's looking at the pictures!   Well, if it keeps him occupied.    So be it!...)

"Well, I have home work!    I have to do it, and print it off.      Don't make any noise!..."          I put my books on Audrey's desk, flick on the computer, the printer......And sat at the desk chair. I looked over at Nate, he was watching me (Grinning!)     But, then quickly went back to his book.

He had two piles......One, was Audrey's photograph books/articles.....Actually quite advanced reading material.     The other pile, was my old children's books (Audrey had got them when I first started visiting her and Eddie...)

Nate was looking at one of the bigger books, just leafing through the pages.....Stopping every so often to look at a picture.

(What I didn't know, he'd already read the book. Twice!)

The screen flashed in front of me....I had to stop looking at Nate. Home work, Ruby!     Do it, and pray you've got it right!      I hate maths soooo much!......Aaaaaahhh!

After.....About an hour of me, groaning, threatening the computer, wanting to slam the stapler into the printer.......And coming within seconds of just throwing myself on the floor, and having a massive tantrum!

I noticed Nate.....Was standing behind me, looking at my work, he had a curious look on his face, slightly smirking.......But, mostly grinning.

I looked up at him...."You probably wouldn't understand this (I don't get this!)      Let's look at a book, I'll read you a story if you want..."
Nate looked at me.....(Read me a story?)......I stood up, grabbed a sleeve, and pulled him towards the couch.....We sat down.

"Which book do you want to start with?.."       I held up "Clifford goes to the Beach"
Nate looked at me....(Are you serious?....I think you are.  Shit!..)
Nate sat back, grinned at me, and nodded. But, he was seriously thinking this was just ridiculous.    But, he had me close to him.   That was something, he wanted!        I sat a little closer so, he could see the pictures (But, he kept looking at me)

One of his fingers would touch my leg, and when I looked to see if he was following the story.......Two very dark chocolate eyes would look back. He had a small dimple in his cheek, I was dying to touch.....But, I quickly looked away and turned a page.

(I know she likes me....But she get's so angry, wish I knew how to tell her she doesn't need to be. Got to stop looking at her. But, the flashes of green in her eyes!.....I have to look. I have to do more things she likes....Less of the annoying.      Yes, I'm "listening".....Clifford liked the sea shells!..)

Audrey walked into the room, a few hours later....."Finished the home work?.."
"I'm reading to Nate.   We have help him, or at least....That's what you said, well....Any way.....He likes it.    What ever!.."

Audrey didn't know if she should be annoyed that I wasn't finishing my home work......OR......Over the moon with delight, that I was DOING something nice for Nate, who by the way......Was smarter than our whole street put together!