Glasses.

"She saw and heard things..." Nate ran his hand through his hair, deep sigh...."Ruby didn't need to know..." Nate was looking at George, then turned to me.

".....I'm over it. I didn't want you to have to remember. Crap under the bridge..."

"Well, I did a good job blanking it out. Now, something wants me to remember..."

I looked at George.

(I wanted to marry Nate, the thought still makes me smile now)

"Eddie and Audrey stopped talking about him, they may have thought it was okay. Mum had died. Things I saw and heard.....Everything got complicated. He was gone. Couldn't find him, and I tried!.......It ruined me inside. Then....I was a right royal twat to him...."

I put my hand to my head, just thinking about it. Nate reached his arm out to me.....Hand beckoning me close to him. He's too forgiving.

"......never again, love you...."

Nate now had his arm around me.

"i love you too..."

I put my hand on his knee.

George was watching us. We were just as he was hoping for.........Committed, and cared for each other.

He sat back in his chair..........If only he could have helped sort things for my mother and father. Thankfully......She passed knowing I was with Audrey, and Flynn could visit when ever he wanted.

Nate's situation should have never been allowed to happen. Taking Nate away was an answer. But, Edddie wanted to "handle" things. The man had too many secrets (George knew them all) Eddie tried to "sort it out" himself........But, it got worse!

Certain people had thought they weren't being watched.......But, George knew everything. He would be protecting and working it out.......Now.

George leaned forward, put his watch away.

"Edward and Audrey......Did an excellent job over your mother, Bridgette. Talking and all......But. Not, so good with Ignatius. Things should have been cleared up sooner. They never intended to cause harm......But, there was already too much grief going on. I suspect......Eddie was trying to sort things out. Frenchs never gave him any reason to trust us (George frowned to himself)....Ignatius, at times is like his father in that way!.."

George smiled.

"My next task is.....Your father (Looking at Nate)....But, I'll let you two talk for a minute. No rush, Edward's not going any where..."

George stood up, and went to the kitchen......To talk with Gus, Audrey and Edith (Who were dying to know how we were)

I turned to Nate.

"......You wear glasses? When?..."

"It's been awhile. Just for reading....Now and then..."

Nate looked embarrassed. He'd been given a pair at the hospital, while doing a routine check-up. Harper would take them off him, if she showed him anything. He could still see okay, but, at times......He found his eye sight went fuzzy. At first, Nate thought it had something to do with the med's (A side effect) Nate always thought, if he was to suffer anything....His mind would be the first to go.

Not so much his eye-sight!

(When wearing the glasses...Harper made fun of him)