Helpful.

Nate was staring hard at the desk in front of him......."It was a sandwich. Audrey made it, I wasn't allowed anything. Dad wasn't home yet. Liz was there.....We were outside. Ruby was eating on the grass. Saw me. Wanted me to sit with her. Couldn't.......Wasn't allowed, Ruby came over......with her sandwiches..."

Nate stopped for a minute.

George looked at me.

My head was hurting, something was coming to me......It came creeping to a place where I could remember.

".......Liz was talking to him, he was crying.    She made him sit, outside......Under a tree till Eddie returned. Liz told Audrey to mind her own business, or she would take him home......"No One Will Bloody See HIM!!!..."

I put my hand over my mouth....."Nooo!    She can't do that!       George, I had to help him!..."

George touched my hand...."You did, Ruby.     You did..."

Nate held my hand, he was shaking his head at George.

George looked back at Nate...."Finish.....Ruby needs to complete this memory.."

Nate continued.

"Ruby came close, I moved away. Kept coming closer.....Then she sat down. Started eating a sandwich, I wanted one..."

I crinkle my forehead.

"......he just crawled up to me......and started eating my sandwich from my hand.    I couldn't stop watching him, he'd take a small bite...Then another till it was gone, he looked at me.....and got scared, backed away. I wanted to give him more, I had more sandwiches..."

Nate was looking at me....I was confused. He looked back at George, George just nodded - with a keep going.

"Ruby stood up......grabbed me, held me by my top and kept feeding me the sandwiches. When they were gone.      She wrapped her arms around me. Told me she was getting her own cat......I'd do till then. She was smiling..."

(.....I had no idea what to make of him, this was in the beginning.....I'd only seen him a few times. And each time had been different....)

Audrey looked upset........At the time, her and Liz were having words inside, they were trying not to rise their voices. Eddie came home.....The all three had words. They were harsh, couldn't be taken back, Liz accused Eddie of ganging-up on her with Audrey.      Liz was going to take Nate......Eddie convince her to let Nate stay.

My mind still couldn't connect Nate and him.......A memory was there.....but....?

Dr Quest then spoke, suggesting we take a break......"Have a drink, some fresh air. And, we can then decided.....If we still wish to keep remembering..."

We all agreed. Audrey and Gus wanted to speak with George, Dr Quest offered me a cup of tea and checked my pulse....."You look a little tried.."

Nate was looking at me too. He wanted this to stop. And, he would tell George too......If this what I was remembering (Then, I didn't need to)    These were times he never liked to share.     They made Audrey upset.   Made her think of things, she wished she could of done.    No could of stopped the events, but Audrey and I had wanted to.

Dr Quest then suggested maybe if I went to one of the private waiting rooms, maybe I could lie down.

I agreed.....A break would be nice, Nate of course wanted to go with me. The doctor show us to a small room.    Told us....."Come back when your ready..."