Set it Alight!

I walked down the front path.....Out onto the street.

Where do I go?       Where do I look?       What to do?    Do I keep looking, should I stop?        Go home?     Back to school?

I should text Lily, she'd know what to do. Should I text her?     What do I tell her?         Would she still come here?

Too many questions!    I could feel a tightness in my chest. I had my heart set on this!     And, I didn't even think to have a plan B.      A back-up - A "go-to".      I had only made this one.

Where the crap am I now?!

I looked around, I'd just been walking.    Should have been watching where I was heading. The street looked a little better - The house's were lager, better kept.     More trees.

There was a park across the road. I'll sit, text Lily.      I really don't know what to tell her.....Or where I am now.

Text : All Turned To Shit. Not At His Address. Lost, Getting Late. Please Text Back.

I sat on a park bench, looked around.....It started to get a bit cooler, I put my jacket on. After about half an hour......Should I go to the local grave yards?       Nooo!  Said the voice in my head (Unless your looking to diieee!)

I won't go to the local grave yard. I looked down at my phone.     No text. Where else could I look?

It was way past lunchtime.....I ate the sandwiches in my bag (I'd told Audrey, packed lunches were for lameos.   And losers)         Good thing she'd made them any way!

This lameo or loser - Was hungry and was stuck!

I would give my self another twenty minutes.....Call Lily, and start to think what to do next. I didn't want to admit to myself I was lost.....My maps were limited and one directional, and where I could possibly be.....Wasn't on my maps!

(Phone was quickly dying too)

Keep calm, Ruby...........People were picking up their children, heading home from work (I was going to be late!)           I stood up, was about to start walking, when......

Three tall teenage figures walked into the park.

They were talking, yelling.....Goofing off, possibly drunk......Running all over the grounds, in the flower beds, kicking the little trees.

One of them sat on a park bench, talking.......The other two were smoking, and laughing.    Then I heard one of the say....."Let's have some FUN!!!       Burn something down.....Or least kick back.....On...on...on..."

"....The round-about!        You used to love these fucking things!!!..."

"Nah!!....I'll throw up..."

"Get on it.....If you throw up, do it on Penny!..."

"Yuk!!        That is GROSS.....And, Yuk....And...You....Two...Are...Jerks!!.."

She kept right on laughing. She looked ridiculous.

I looked away, I have to get out of here. But, there was something familiar about the guy on the bench, the way he'd look down, frown.....The messy brown/blond hair. I looked back.....I wasn't close enough to be sure. He was standing now......Still talking to the other two.

He was laughing, the other guy was handing him something......A bottle.

The girl was wearing black boots, stockings....Shorts shorts, a black jacket.        She was being asked to get off the round-about.