Sore Eye.

"Ignatius? What is this? Where did it come from? And, what are you doing with it? Answer Me!...Don't look at the floor!..."

"......I don't know...." Nate looked at the round shiny object.

"Tell me now!..." Liz held the button up.

"It......looks like a button.....and..." Nate was fighting every muscle in his hands, to stop himself of grabbing it back, because if he did.....She would know.

(It was the only thing of mine he had, at present......Short of passing thoughts, shadows in the sunlight..)

"Well! Guess What! Your going to do something.....Now, as it seems!.....If this is not important to you!..."

Liz was watching Nate, she knew the button held some value to him (Well, tough! He was going to lose it) Liz walked out of the room to retrieve a rubbish bin (See if answers come now!)

Harper stepped forward.....She was smirking to herself, and shaking her head.

"You silly.....little...shit!.."

Nate didn't see the hand coming towards him. She stepped away from him.....Looked at him, this was a warning. She walked to the door, turned......Nate was looking at her, he wasn't scared....But, she was going to have an understanding with him.

Harper, then went to follow Liz.

Ruth was standing in the hallway.....The walls were creaking again and, the windows....Seemed to shake. She knew this really wasn't possible, but Ruth.....Of late, was starting to develop a general fear of this building.

The dark shadow was watching Ruth.......If Ignatius doesn't see Ruby soon......It won't be just FEAR, you have! The shadow smiled.

_________________________ ¥€££€¥ ##•

"Does my eye look bad?.."

"No.....Not in this light, Miss. Do you have a hat.....Wide brim? Sunglasses ?.."

"It's bad. Isn't it!..." I could feel it being bad.

"..I'd give you some foundation, but your eye looks sore....And.....A bit blood-shot. I've got this tissue thing, it's cold. Put it over your eye.."

Lucy handed it to me, I tried to put it over my eye.....But it stung like crazy! So, nooooo!....To covering it.

Hunter spoke to the front desk, I don't know what he said......But a nurse asked us to follow her. Audrey had told me from now on.....Liz or Dr Ellis would attend all visits, non-family would not see Nate alone....And we would have twenty-five minutes, and that was all.

We were taken to a door, she unlocked it.....And opened it.

"You go in. We will wait here.."

Hunter smiled at me, holding the door.

I went in, looked across the room.....And there, he was.

Nate stood up forgot about the restraints, walked forward.....And fell over. I quickly ran over to him and knelt down beside him, he sat up....And saw my eye.

"What?! How?! Was it...." Nate was stunned, then angry.

"I hit her, Nate. Jenny hit me.."

Now my eye really started to hurt, and vision in that eye decide now was the time to fail.

Nate lifted a hand, and gently touched my eye.....his fingers were ice cold, deep concern all over his face.....I would have been shocked otherwise, by the chill of his hand.....But the coolness felt good.

I grabbed both his hands (Couldn't part his wrists) And put my head under his arms....And leaned straight into his chest, wrapping my arms around him.

"I've missed you soooo much!..."
Nate rested his head on top of mine..."Me too.."

I wriggled more on to his lap......"Your face!..." I moved my fingers over the pink mark on his cheek.

"Who did that?.."

"No one.....Of any real importance..."

Nate was smiling at me, he wasn't going to let Harper ruin this moment.

"Did you hit her hard?.."

"I made contact.....Hunter stopped me before I could do any real damage.."

I could feel Nate trying to move his arms.....Hands trying to hold me more. He wanted to look at my eye, which was now trying to pop it's self out of my head.....The pain was more just behind the eye. I didn't want to admit this, I starting to feel.....slightly light headed......I tried to just keep talking to Nate.

"I want to take you out of here. There's nothing stopping you.....Gus is talking to Edith, Mr Jefferson...."

Nate kept smiling and kissing me.    I put my arms around his neck (A sinking feeling.....Can't stop the sinking.....Down.....)

"..I saw two old paintings......Beautiful. Sad.    I couldn't breath...."

Nate's eyes went wide......"The pictures's room?   Ruby....Ruby!..."

I'd gone limp in his arms......My eyes had rolled to the back of my head.

Nate panic a little....Tried to gently shake, move me in his arms/lap.     But, I was out cold.

Liz walked into the room with Lucy, Hunter and Harper.

"..What?......Have......You.....Done, Ignatius?!..."

Making him throw the button out would hurt.......But this, Liz would rub in hard. I was hurt........"Poor Ruby.     What shall we do with you now, Ignatius?...."

Nate looked down at me, I'd gone white in the face....."Hunter, take her!     Lucy get a nurse!.."

Hunter bent down, started to untangle me from Nate.....A nurse walked in, rushed over....Started to help Hunter.

They set me on a trolley, Lucy said she would go with me.

Liz looked at Hunter, still kneeling beside Nate....."Can't get rid of you. Was going to stop Ruby's visit's all together, but she won't be visiting at the moment.."

A smile was curling across Liz's face.

She turned to Harper....."You have a Lunch-date tomorrow.....Nate will go with you, He's filming. That....Will make for brilliant pictures, and great PR moment!.."

Liz scooped up Harper's arm....."Let me tell you about this pill.....It makes people do the greatest of things..."

The two looked at Hunter and Nate.....Walked to the door, Ruth walked in.

"Ruth, Nate needs to rest....Big day tomorrow! You know "what" to with him.." Liz pulled Harper down the hall.

Ruth looked at Nate, gestured for Hunter to get up and move.

"Can I have a quick word?..."

"Do it while he goes to his room, actually....You can help me, all the nurses have run away at the mention of his name..."

They both helped Nate up, it was a short walk to the room. They sat Nate on the bed...."He's lucky, she let him have this..."

Ruth pointed to the bed.

"I'll be back in a minute.."

".....Sir.....Have you seen him?.."

Nate nodded.

"..Don't do anything he tell's you. He'll help.....But there's something's he doesn't get.....Time's Have changed!.."

Nate grinned......"Can't chop heads off....the way he used too..."