A Night At The Theatre.

I tried to sit up a little, head not feeling so sore.....Eye still tender, but not trying release it's self from my face!

"Your looking much improved, but your friend here has to be "returned." I've bought in breakfast.."

She point to the tray. She looked at Nate, who was now trying to hold his arm around me in a protective fashion.

"He's quite the character, I've heard he's the reason......You have that black eye. I've also heard he's just simply trouble full-stop. Nurses talk!.." She smiled at us.

"I've called Dr Quest, he'll be here soon, doing his rounds at the moment......I'll stay here and wait.."

The nurse looked over at the chair, another quick look to Nate.....And she went and sat down, but kept a watchful eye on Nate.

If he did anything.....She'd be ready.

I moved Nate's arms.....He didn't like the idea, but let me move. I looked at the tray, and slipped out of the bed, and walk towards it. The meal smelled okay....didn't look all that appealing....but I'd give it a go. I was hoping Dr Quest would give me the okay, and I could leave. (I was also hoping Nate could come with me..)

~~~

Erin had asked me to stay as long as I could, but he could see my eye was healing....And my reason here wasn't lasting. I told him about my number of visits, how there were "restrictions"......Erin kept touching a knife tucked within his clothing.....And his jaw also kept tensing.

"..This all soooo stupid! What the HELL is sooo important!!.....WHY does everyone want a piece of this SHIT!..."

I looked at Erin.....He was grinning at me.

"..Well.....There wasn't a lot of money in the beginning. Families just wanted the land...." Erin looked out the window, as he was talking.

"..You had to marry well, land could come that way......Then, there was the need for money. Things got vicious! I suppose you could add......Crazy? Out of hand too!..."

"Did you start killing people?.."
"Had to..." Erin looked down at his hands, and frowned.

~~~

I moved the tray closer to Nate....."Wanna try this?.." He wrinkled up his nose, but nodded...."Your very quiet, nothing to say?.." Nate looked over at the nurse, he didn't trust her.....He would also glance at the door.

There were noises, movement.....Usual hospital activity, but he was waiting.....He would be found, he just didn't know when.

"Open wide!....One mouthful for you, one for me!..." There was a bowl of fruit, one of a cereal? An orange juice and water....A plain selection, but good for an unwell person.

Nate smiled at me, took the spoon.....I looked at his wrist, it was still bruised, some marks. Maybe healing......I couldn't stop looking.

"Good morning Ruby! Up and moving.....Very good! Nate!......So, this where you ended up. I see..." Dr Quest was smiling, surprised......But, smiling.

He was pleased to see Nate. Dr Ellis had stopped his contact, and had been telling him, Nate was fine.....He was handling everything.

Once certain details had been ironed out, Nate wouldn't be any one's concern any more!

Dr Quest glazed at the nurse, told her she could go.....He could handle things now. The situation.....Good!

Nate watched the nurse leave, grabbed my hand...."Stay here.....Want Ruby.."