Doing it!

"Elizabeth..."

"......Flynn....?!!..."

My father held the door wide open, winked down at Nate.....Who beamed a big grin back.

"Edward?     Is he here?.....Ignatius is to be with him.."

"Audrey and Eddie are with Bridgette at the moment. They will be back very soon. I can watch Nate till they return.."

Dad gave her a direct look. Liz stopped staring....Dragged Nate into the house. Like Nate.....My father was often talked about, but no one had ever had a clear sighting. But lately.....Nate was being seen more.....Now.

"Are these his things?       None of that Liver crap.    He hates that shit, as you very well know it..."

Liz could not stop staring. Eddie spoke to her like this.....She didn't like it (.....And now Flynn)

She wanted to tell him not to speak that way!.....She'd take Nate and just leave. But, she knew......Like Eddie, my Dad saw right through her (Didn't take her crap....Wasn't afraid of her, she wouldn't dare play her games with him)......And, he sure as hell....Didn't feel like he needed to suck up to her, so Nate would stay.

He held his hand out for the bag.....It felt light. He looked at Liz, rolled his eyes...."Good thing, Audrey always had spares. It's real shitty of you to make him wear the stuff from when he was a baby....Look at him!..."

Dad put the bag down on the chair in the hallway.

"He will come back to you when Eddie has finished having him. No sooner.....And, you don't miss him.."

Liz was speechless. Gently touched Nate's arm and left.

Dad looked down at Nate.....And then bent down to his level.

"I'm very sorry you had to hear that. But, you and I know the truth. She does like you, your father loves you.....And Audrey thinks the world of you.."

Dad smiled at Nate.

"....can I like you too?     I love Gem, Dad, Audrey.."

"Yes, you can. Let's go get my girl!.....She really wants to see you!..."

Dad stood up and took Nate's small hand.

I was outside showing Laissa how to dance....But, her legs had come off!

"Ruby!    Guess who's here!..."

I came running in....."NATE!!..."

Nate smiled at me.......And, as always, gently touched one of my pigtails (They amazed him)

Dad turned to Nate....."Can you watch Ruby....I'm just going to make a quick call, then I'll be right back.."

Nate nodded, looked at me....Held out his hand.

I took it....."What do you want to do first?.."

Nate took me outside....."Climb a tree.."

Nate took his job very seriously.

He gave me drinks, read stories, watched TV with me......Checked my lunch plate for ANY thing that looked like liver. We climbed trees.....He checked the garden for bugs I might not like.....Tried to help me fix Lissa.

I wanted to do things for him.

Help him eat, get the colouring-in stuff......Stuff, I thought all good dolls needed help with.