Chats On Steps.

What's In A Picture. Cont.

"..I'll buy you an ice cream.."

I thought that would be a nice start to our mall moment. Nate looked at me, nodded...Smiled, he relaxed a bit.

No security guys.......No promo-people jumping out at him.      Maybe this trip would be...Okay.

We went to "Tom & Jerry's"......Their ice cream was alway nice, the shop was empty-ish.    Asked Nate what he wanted, and got him to grab a table.

Nate went for mint with 100s and 1000s, I chose coffee-dip. We sat and ate for a minute.

"...Nate, did you see anything else......With that ink blot picture?.."

Nate licked his ice cream one more time, looked at me.

"...Yes. But, I want to keep it to myself.     One day, I may share.....But....Not today...."

He gave me a small smile, his eyes were dark (A little too dark)          He was trying not to look at me.....He knew there was a strange silence starting to happen....So, he cracked a joke.

"...A horse, a nail and bucket of water walked into a bar..."

Nate gave me a dead-pan look.

Three minutes later, Nate finished the joke.

"......The horse starts drinking from the bucket of water.     The nail was just a nail. Nail's aren't funny..."

I had never laughed so hard in my life (That was the worse joke!)     I had ever heard!         I almost fell off my seat.....It was not that "funny".     It was sooo funny!

  One day, I would find out Nate's secrets. I would get him to tell......I wouldn't push him now, I would let him hold what was in his head, for the time being.

His dark eyes were still watching me.....The joke had held me off.     But, in time we would both have things to share.

__________________________________ £

Nate was doing really well.

Since leaving the locked wards of the The Clinic.......And having no contact to his mother.

Audrey was very pleased to say, Ignatius was in an excellent state (There were still some bruises)     But, his memory had returned in full.

(She'd been a bit worried there)

With George.....She was working towards gaining full guardianship of Nate, so Liz could never interfere or hurt him again.

George explained why Nate was ageless (No birthdays/no age to go by)......It went back to King Erin - The Mad. As history went.......He was kept in a youthful state.....With a mind beyond his years, till he finished the Great War.

But there was never really an end.....Just pauses. A strange fight would always continue.....Erin would be supported by the Reign of the Blood King (Erin's father)

Briddie's love had helped Erin cope.

We all gave George a look, of "please tell us more".....George told us, he would fill us in on the details later...."Long story, bit of a soap opera..."

George cleared his throat, and went on to tell us....Any forms, passports. Or anything of that nature, that needed details, he could help.

"....Ignatius was born, has a birth date/ birth certificate......But, it's sealed by request of the French family.