Tech.

"..Now?.."
"...Ignatius....Can you put your clothes on..."

Two nurses stood by the door way, pushed a small trolley with fresh clothes for the day, on it....Towards  him.

"Now?.."
"Start eating, Ignatius..."
A plate was pointed at.....A stern look from Ruth.

Had I been sitting at the table at that moment.....I would have finally understood why Nate often struggled with cutlery. Nate placed the spoon on the plate.....Pucked up the fork, and proceeded to place food on the spoon, then lifting the spoon to eat. It took him a while.....But, it made sense to do to it this way, for some reason. I would also have noticed, having limited use of one's hands, could have been another reason.

"..Is he ready...Now?!.." Gus was pacing in the hall way....He looked at Ruth, the moment he saw her.

"..Yes, Mr French. And, I will be coming as well....With another care attendant..."

Gus stared at her....He was going to ask why, but just nodded. Audrey had told him stay calm...."You don't want to make today any more stressful than it needs to be.." Gus agreed with her, but he still wanted to yell at someone.

Nate was bought to the front hallway.....Grinned at Gus...."Now?...Ruby...Tech?.."

"..What The Hell Is That?!!.." Gus's blood pressure hit the top of his head...And, pulsed out of his ears.

"..I'm fine...No pain (Nate blinked his eye)...still...looking...Gus?.."
Nate stood between Ruth and Gus, but even he was concerned to just how angry Gus could actually become.

"It was an accident, a doctor has seen him....The eye's okay. Ignatius took it all very well...Mr French.."
Ruth was trying to keep an even tone to her voice, look like she had everything under control...But the vein in Gus's neck, was making her nervous.

Nate really wanted to go, he didn't want to take a chance of being told he wouldn't be going...And he'd have to stay, he looked at Gus..."Go, Now.."
He glazed at Ruth, the other attendant had joined them....Nate elbowed Gus towards the door.

_________________________ £€¥•

"Their LATE! Their not coming!!..."
I was beside myself, what if THEY had decided not to let Nate come.
"Ruby, they'll be here...Nate knows not to fuck up..." Riley was taking a few quick puffs of a cigarette.
I looked at Riley..."Thought you weren't smoking any more.."
"No...no, I'm not...smoking....Don't tell Molly.."
I crossed my arms...."I won't...You Can.."
Riley dropped the cigarette, stood on it....And kicked it into the gutter.

A car pulled up five minutes later.

Four bodies got out....Nate walked towards me, and he was quickly followed by two shadows.

"Nate!...Your eye....Let me look at you!.." Nate stood really close to me....Hands pulling at my top, fingers trying to hold on.

Normally Nate wasn't into public-moments of being touched. He preferred behind closed doors, where we started with "clothes on"......And ending up with "straight out nakedness."

But today, he didn't care. I looked up into his face.....In the last 24 hours, give or take.....He was slowly being covered in marks of one description or another. His eye had already started to go a dark purple.

Riley was shocked, but he hid it.....Gave Nate a nod...."Love the clothes, operating are we..."
Nate grinned.

_________________________

"Can these be removed?.."
"No.."
"He needs to write on the board.."
"Can you do it for him?.."
"No, I Can't.."

Riley looked at Ruth...."Geer, loosen them....Do something.."

Geer walked up to Nate.....With a small screw-driver, and worked the locks on the restraints around Nate's wrists...."There!...off!.."
"Nate, get writing....I'm not losing my degree over these fuckers.." Riley never took his eyes off Ruth once.

_________________________

"Nate!, my god!....Look at You!!.....What The Hell!!..." Molly turned to Ruth.
"His face!.." Molly looked at Nate's hands...."Get those bloody things off, Now!.."
Ruth was about to say no, they are a requirement of Nate coming to Tech...When Molly pulled a hair pin from her head, and started to work the locks.

"This is Disgusting!....His skin's purple!.." Molly wrapped her arms around Nate...."Are you okay? No, your Not, Your coming with me..."

Ruth was going to stop Molly, but Molly glared back..."Piss off!!.."

Nate had Molly's protective arm wrapped around him, he pouted a little. Molly gave Ruth the dirtiest look Ruth had ever seen. It actually chilled her a little!