Misunderstanding: Emmet x Reader

Summary: You are a drag king who works a host bar, and had had just moved in with your boyfriend Emmet, things seem to be going great! until you get a strange text from Elesa...

===============================================

{Get your cheating ass over here and pack your shit.] You stared at your phone baffled as you were were washing off your make-up off, you had to read it a few times just to confirm it was really Elesa's number and not a wrong number. You texted her back asking what she was talking about, what was going on? but she left you on read... You finished up, got dressed in your hoodie and jeans, said good bye to the guys, and caught a cab as you exited the bar and went straight home, as soon as you walked through the front door a suitcase was throw at you! and a seething Elesa stood before you.

"Elesa, what the hell?! you snapped rubbing the sore spot on your shoulder where suitcase had hit you. "Shut up, get your shit together I can't believe I considered you my friend!" she was shaking in anger, again you were confused as to what the hell this was about? and tried to calm the model down, but your voice just seemed to irritate her more! Before you knew it Elesa had marched into your room and started throwing your clothes, shoes and decorations at you while screaming "Stop acting innocent! you know what you did!" all you could do was curl into a ball and cry as she yelled all sorts of profanities at you.

That's what Emmet walked into as he had also gotten a weird text from Elesa, telling him that she knows something about you that will hurt him, and not to come back to his apartment until she's dealt with you! Freaked out Emmet called out of work early and rushed home, to find his best friend attacking his S/o! "What the hells going on here?!" Emmet snapped. "Emmet I told you to stay away!" Elesa huffed as she stopped throwing things at you.

"I don't know.." you sobbed completely shaken by Elesa's violent reaction, the model glared at you. "Just admit your cheating on Emmet!" She sneered is disdain as Emmet and you gawked at her like she grown eight heads, Emmet spoke up as you were shaken up to speak. "What are you talking about? Y/n isn't cheating on me!" Elesa looked like she was going cry as she showed Emmet a picture of you making-out with a tall silver haired woman in a red dress, Emmet's face went serious.

"I saw them yesterday at the park, At first I didn't realize it was Y/n..."

"Er....Elesa."

"I know you're probably confused and very upset right, now but we can-"

"Elesa, just calm down and let me tal-"

"You'll move through this, there are plenty of others out there who wil-"

Emmet lost his nerve. "Elesa Ambrose Fleming!" He bellowed causing Elesa to freeze, Emmet almost never raises his voice much less full name her, so she knows she's in trouble! Elesa clamed right up and gawked at her friend who pointed at a chair, silently telling her to sit down, The ravenette complied and watched in annoyance as Emmet immediate started checking on Y/n helping them up, he asked if they were okay? he gave them a bottle of water and told the to go lie down in his room while he dealt Elesa.

"Why are you helping that homewrecker!" The conductor held his finger up, and she quieted down. "As I said before, Y/n isn't cheating on me." the model went to protest this she knows what she saw! and showed him the proof, the picture! "Because that woman in the picture is me." Emmet awkwardly stated, Elesa's face was mélange of emotions; mainly confusion and disbelief. "Wh-what?....just what?" The model's brain was having a hard time processing what her friend just told her.

Emmet explain that he wanted to have just one date with Y/n, where he wasn't constantly hounded by the paparazzi, so Y/n came up with an idea! Have Emmet crossdress with them! They lent Emmet one of their dresses, bought him a wig and got him all dolled up and then the couple went on their date. They had great time with no interruptions from Emmet's fan club, conspiracy theorists asking about Ingo or the tabloid stalkers! "I guess Y/n's plan must've worked a little too well, if you couldn't recognize me..." Elesa was still stalled on something... 

She kept looking between Emmet and the picture, he had D-cups! "b-but....you, how???" She gestured towards his chest. "Oh, the fake boobs? yeah, Y/n ordered them from same the cosplay shop they got their fake pecs from." Elesa immediately looked down at all of Y/n's belonging she'd thrown and broken, they were scattered all over the place, immediately Elesa felt horrible.

She got up from the chair. "I need to apolo-" but Emmet stopped her with a rare frown on his face. "uh, I don't think that's good Idea right now, just let me talk to them first, and let them decide what happens next, ok?" Elesa nodded and left Emmet's apartment and went to Skyla's and told her what happened. "That's why I said "go talk with Emmet in private." before jumping to conclusions." Her girlfriend chided Skyla understands that Elesa's has been extra protective of Emmet since Ingo went missing, The younger Trevithick twin was a wreck when his brother disappeared.

Emmet was just an empty husk of himself! he hardly ate, slept or talked to anyone... Elesa was seriously terrified that she was going to lose another friend! And then he met Y/n. over time the light slowly came back into Emmet's life, he was smiling again! and it almost seemed like Emmet back to his old self! But, Elesa was wary it's not that she didn't like Y/n, she was just paranoid that Y/n would leave and Emmet would go back to that dark place and never come back! And after what happened today, Elesa was soo sure she just lost a decade long friendship over a misunderstanding!

The next few days were uneventful and silent, Emmet and Y/n still haven't called or texted Elesa who was riddled with guilt and was absolutely gutted, Skyla said that they probably needed some time, but Elesa was sure they never wanted to speak to her again, until one day while she was leaving the gym and she was greeted by a odd looking couple at one of the parks cafe's, it took her a moment to realize it was Emmet and Y/n crossdressing.

They noticed Elesa and waved her over, the model reluctantly made her way over to them, The model winced seeing the fading bruises on Y/n's arms from where Elesa had thrown things at them. "I'm sorry Y/n." Elesa blurted out, she explained how she saw you and making out with Emmet while he was in disguise and she thought you were cheating on him! She didn't want see him hurt and wasting again, after things had been going so well!

You waited until Elesa was done explaining her actions to you. Pretty much it was the same thing Emmet had told you, It was all just one big misunderstanding, That could've been avoided if Elesa had taken Skyla's advice to just stay calm, pull Emmet aside and showed him the picture, Knowing Emmet, he would've laughed calmed her down and explained the whole situation to her, but instead Elesa just assumed the worst and went full blown Mama Ursaring on you. After hearing Elesa's side and seeing that she was genuinely remorseful for how she acted towards you.

You forgave her and Elesa even offered to take you shopping to replace some of your stuff that she had broken, Emmet smiled nudged you forward. "Actually, Me and Emmet were heading the mall. Um, we kind of want your help pick out stuff that would looked good on us?" You asked flustered needless to say, Elesa didn't have to be asked twice as she practically carried You and Emmet to mall, where you all had great time.

------------------------------------------------------------

Not quite sure about that ending, I was kinda in a rush.