C ~ III~ Drinks 🍻

Word Count: 2206

POV (point of view): First person

Y/n = Your (preferred) name.

TWs: Alcohol; hence the name of the chapter 🙂👍

I feel like these chapters are all slowly becoming shitty but whatever lmao-

___________________________________________
August 16th, 2011

As the annoying sound of my alarm clock went off, all I did was turn over and smack it. Today, I didn't have to go in for work. But, me being me, I forgot to turn off my alarm.

When the beeping finally stopped, I sat up and groaned. I looked over to my alarm clock, still wanting to sleep-in. 08:36.. I guess I'll get up.

I slowly got up, my absolutely killing me from earlier that week. I had been assigned to help Owen Grady with something for the raptors, us deciding to work out slightly when done. That's exactly how I figured out I needed more exercise.

While I was walking over to my dresser to grab something to put on, my phone started ringing. Which, like always, made me jump. People usually just text me, well unless it's an emergency or it can't really wait, but still, I almost never get calls.

I carried the clothes back to my bed and picked up my phone. It was Owen. I pressed the green button and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, sitting down and putting it on speaker.

"Hey Y/n! Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you'd like to join me and a couple friends to go drinking later today?" Owen asked, a hint of excitement in his tone.

I chuckled slightly as I started getting dressed.

"Well, I don't mind. What time did you have in mind?" I asked, slipping on a loose t-shirt since I didn't plan on wearing my binder today.

"Uhh.. I dunno, maybe 18:47?" He responded, hesitating for a moment while he thought of a time.

As I finally finished getting dressed, I picked the phone up and took it off speaker, bringing it up to my ear once more.

"Sounds good, see ya then!" I said, smiling slightly as he said bye, hanging up the phone shortly after.

I stood up and put my boots on, making sure I had everything I needed and walked out the door, locking it behind me. I didn't really know what to do until then, maybe just go walk around the park.

While walking, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched.. I don't know if it was just me being paranoid or if it was actually happening. The feeling quickly left once I got to the Mosasaurus Tank.

I sighed softly as I looked around. Surprisingly, it wasn't as busy as normal. Well there was still a lot of people but not the normal amount. I managed my way to the lab, stopping by Henry's office. As I walked in, I saw him.

Henry was hunched over his desk, a familiar sight. I walked over to him, stopping right behind the chair he was sitting on.

"You alright, Henry?" I asked, putting my hands on his shoulders, making him jump slightly.