Chapter 57

Louie's POV:

~BANG~

A gunshot rung out through the woods. My eyes widened as Stacey screamed.

"BOSS! NO BOSS!" She yelled and cried.

I took a step out from behind the tree to see blood. Streams of it, flowed down the riverbank.

"Diesel..." I whispered. "Diesel... NO!" I ran over to him and knelt the other side from Stacey.

"Diesel! Diesel can you hear me, please stay with me!" I said as I applied pressure onto the wound with my hands. My hands became immediately covered with blood as soon as I touched his wound. Teardrops from my face dripped onto Diesel's face.

"Boss..." Stacey cried covering her face with her paws.

"Stacey, call an ambulance! Now!" I yelled at her as she withdrew her phone. She dialled the number of emergency services and put the phone up to her ear. "Hello? We need an ambulance... NOW! My friend... he was shot!...Is he breathing? Ummm..." she took the phone away from her ear and tilted her ear to Diesel's mouth. Her eyes widened as she replaced the phone "... barely! His pulse is also low. He was shot about 2 minutes ago, the guns man shot him and ran off. How long will you be?....30 minutes? I... I don't know if he'll survive that! Can't you be any quicker!?! Okay see you then."

"They won't be here for 30 minutes?" I said with anger.

"Yeah, they said do CPR if he stops breathing. We are far out the city after all. They don't keep many ambulances on the road these days, departure takes about 10 minutes itself."

"WHAT GOOD WILL THAT DO! HES GOING TO DIE IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING!" I yelled

"Louis..."

"AND IT WILL TAKE EXTRA TIME FOR AN AMBULANCE TO GET HERE, WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?"

"Louis..."

"YEAH I GET IT THEY ARE PROBABLY TENDING TO OTHER PEOPLE BUT THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT, I MEAN HE MIGHT DIE IF WE DON'T GET HELP-"

"LOUIS! He's... he's stopped breathing..." Stacey spoke almost ghostly.

"What..." I looked down at him. For sure his chest didn't rise or fall. He had stopped breathing...

"No... no... NO!" I cried. "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I yelled with a sob. I broke down into severe hyperventilation and crying. "Diesel! Please stay with me! Please Diesel! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!"

Diesel's POV:

An overwhelming ringing in my ears as I fell backwards. Although I didn't feel an end to my falling sensation. I just kept..... falling.

I opened my eyes and looked around.

"I'm alive?" I spoke looking down at myself. I looked at my chest. A bullet wound, a very deep one too. But it didn't hurt.

"Child. Come to me."

"Who... who's that?" I called out into a mist of white powder.

"My name is Angus." A man spoke coming forward. He was the Highland Cow from the portrait.

"Angus! I've heard so much about you, from Stacey! Aren't you supposed to be dead? Where am I?" I asked impatiently. I had so many questions.

"Come my child, no time to daddle. You must make haste."

"Where am I?" I asked getting up and following after the beast.

"The place known as no man's land. The gateway to the afterlife."

"After life?... but no! I need to go back, I'm not done with this life. I can't leave the gang. My job is to protect Louis."

"Diesel~" a faint yell came from behind me. I recognised the voice.