Chapter 58

Louis's POV:

"Louis... look at me."

I looked over at Diesel, he gave a small smile.

"Be happy, please? I can't bare to see you cry."

"How can I, or you, be happy? You just got shot! And... your losing blood real fast... you already died once. What's to say you won't die again?"

"I doubt I'll die again. I'm not welcome back to the afterlife for a good old while yet." He said looking at me sheepishly.

"The... what?"

"Oh... never mind."

A crack behind me made both of us jump.

"Well, well, well... still not dead huh? Your on your last legs. Unlike us felines, you don't have nine lives." A voice said. I felt an embrace around me pulling me backwards.

"Free! You show a lot of nerve coming back. Coming to finish me off?" Diesel asked chocking a bit from moving.

"Quite. I wanted to see how you were getting on." He said his tail swishing. "Plus that pretty little side chick of yours, I might just take him for myself."

"You stay away from him! He's mine! Ever tried taking something from a doberman?"

"No? But I expect it's where you get the saying 'as easy as taking a bone from a puppy', am I wrong?" He asked.

"Completely. Taking a bone from a doberman would cost you all your 9 lives and reserve you a spot underground, deeper than hell. So try take him and.. you'll be sleeping deeper than rock bottom. Just try me." He spoke in a deep tone, growling and showing his fangs at the large feline.

"Oh you don't understand! I'm not asking, I'm demanding you give him to me. There's a difference. You dogs are common and made to take demands from others. Now be a good boy and stand down, hand me the deer and he nor you will be harmed."

"Over my dead body!" Diesel snapped back.

"But are you willing to risk his body too?" At this statement, diesel's eyes widened and his aggressiveness in his face turned to utter shock.

"Ha! I see your at your wits end my dear friend. Now, give him to me." Free said handing out his hand.

Diesel gave a growl of disgust and threw himself at the big cat. Leaving me sat in the fallen autumn leaves, to watch the two silhouettes fight under the moon light. I felt defenceless and useless.

A sound of metal falling to the ground and a mix of growls and howls of pain filled the atmosphere. Diesel had wrapped himself around the lions torso using his teeth to his advantage.

I scuttled to see the gun lying on the floor. I picked it up, lying low to the floor, not to get in the way of the fight.

"Diesel! Get to the floor!" I yelled spinning the barrel to a loaded side, and loading it into the chamber. Diesel did as I said and fell to the floor, leaving Free standing looking down at him.

"You silly mutt! You can't handle a lions claws!" He yelled as he held his claws above his head about to strike down on my boyfriend. Diesel was lead on his back, propping himself up by his elbows and breathing heavily, trying to scurry away backwards so not to take his eyes off Free.

This was my chance. My only chance. If I mess this up, diesel is dead. If I miss, I'm kidnapped again against my will. I only have this one chance.

I tried to line it up but I was shaking a lot, at this rate I'm bound to miss. Then a sudden memory hit me.