Alhaitham [spice]

spice as promised :3

ALSO DUE TO MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE TODAY: YALL PLS DONT GO ACTING LIKE AN ANIME PROTAGONIST IRL AND RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S PERSINAL SPACE AND DONT JUST GRAB THEIR FACES INTO BOTH HANDS SO THZG THEY ARE FORCED TO LOOK AT YOU AND DONT SAY WEIRD SHIT LIKE "ACT LIKE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO ME" THIS ISNT A KDRAMA GUYS THIS ISNT FUNNY PLS HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT

hope u enjoy reading <33

The annual banquet held by Akademiya was as boring and uneventful as ever.

To be honest, probably nobody around knew what they were celebrating here but everyone held free drinks and food in high esteem. The music was loud and cheerful, accompanied by the chatter and laughter of the guests.

It was a pleasant sight to behold.

You still haven’t decided which acquaintance of yours you should bother tonight - so far you were entertaining yourself with watching the people around you and sipping wine.

Yet suddenly your good mood was shattered, just as a new group of arrivals entered the ballroom. You wouldn’t have paid any mind to that occurrence if among them there wasn’t a certain man; Your gaze followed his silhouette as he walked down the stairs, surrounded by other scholars and occasionally greeting someone familiar. You could see him walking through the crowd, with his silver hair was glistening in the lights of the chandeliers.

Even if he wasn’t well liked, he was influential and well connected and so an avalanche of silly wanna-be scholars surrounded the Akademiya’s scribe and put on the best show.

It was hilarious to watch, however you couldn’t ignore the two giggly scholars that came to the banquet with Alhaitham. For whatever reason, that felt like a thorn in your side. You frowned and glared at them coldly. Just who were they? And what business did they have in acting so...

You’d have never called yourself jealous. It was unbefitting of someone like you.

However lately you’ve been feeling... Rather annoyed. You weren’t exactly a patient person but usually there was a clear reason that explained why you snapped. But now it was different.

You cleared your throat and turned away, empting your glass.

“Aw, rats” you murmured and massaged your temples.

It was honestly embarrassing how emotional you got just now and the unfortunate thing was that these days it was actually nothing strange – whenever you somebody hang around Alhaitham, you couldn’t help but feel a bit uneasy.

And you had no idea how you could make it stop.

With your cheeks flushed, you poured yourself another glass of wine, waved at a friend or two, drank some wine, talked about the weather and the social-economic situation of the region with a stranger, drank some more, got another glass, smiled at someone, laughed at the most unfunny joke known to humanity and emptied the glass.

You got out of the ballroom and were now standing on the balcony. There was no one around, the music was heard like through water and the lights of the city below and the skies above were lighting up the night for your eyes to see. Before you’d left, you remembered to get yourself a new glass and was now about to enjoy it, when to your surprise, a cold hand wrapped around yours and held it, as somebody took the wine out of your palm.

“Easy there” you heard a light chuckle from behind. “You’re quite a drinker, I’ll give you that. But you shouldn’t be so reckless and go out like this all alone.”

You turned around only to see Alhaitham standing in front of you.

His face was as calm and indifferent as ever and the look in his eyes familiar. You took your hand out of his quickly and turned your gaze away. You could feel the blood rushing through your veins and how the warmth spilled on your cheek.