Chapter Four

"We lost track of time again, laughing with my feet in your lap, like you were my closest friend"

Amalia

Amalia

Flashback April 2019

I've been keeping Harry as my little secret for nearly six weeks now. Only Frankie knows.

James just assumes I have to get home early, I often make up some kind of lie about how it's a royal rule to have a curfew, even at the age of twenty two.

He believes it.

I don't have a curfew and whenever I leave him, I never go straight home. I always head back to Harry's.

I'd complain to him about James whilst he takes my worries away in more ways than one. At first it was just sex, but it's so much more than that now.

I'm not ashamed to say I've fallen in love with Harry.

Things with him were just different. Exciting. He was warm and he kept me safe. That's all I really asked of a man.

In comparison to James, Harry won, by miles. In fact, there was hardly any competition between the two of them.

"You were out late again last night" Frankie lets herself into my bathroom, whilst I was hunched over the toilet.

She doesn't care to check on me or hold my hair back. She just sits and keeps me company. Talking to me about her boy troubles whilst I refuse to take a pregnancy test.

She bought me one. It's been sitting in a drawer for the past five days, ever since I started throwing up when I ate breakfast.

I refuse to take it, because I know what it's going to say.

And I'm scared of it being real.

"I was at Harry's" I mumble into the toilet seat. She should know by now that I spend most of my evenings there.

"The baby daddy" she nods with a little smile.

"Shut up Frankie" I groan, lowering my head into the toilet again.

"You know, you should just take the test" she lectures me as if she was the older sister.

"I'm pregnant, I know I am" I wipe my mouth on some toilet roll and then lean back against the wall.

"So why don't you just take the test?"