Chapter Seven

"I can't bring myself to swim when I am drowning in this silence"

Amalia

Amalia

Present day

"Mama" Cosy snuggles up next to me, her little feet kicking into my ribs, as usual.

"Good morning princess" I press a kiss to her blonde hair, trying to smooth it out with my fingers.

"Dada day?" She takes her thumb out of her mouth to speak and looks up at me with her big green eyes.

She loves her daddy days.

"It's daddy day, he's going to be here soon so we best get up" I tell her, but I don't make any move to get out of bed.

These moments were my favourite. When the two of us were cuddled up in bed together, her tiny hand wrapped around my stomach and her head rested against my shoulder.

It was nice to just take a few minutes in the morning, and have some peace before our stressful days begin.

They were mostly stressful for me, because Cosy was only two, which meant we had a lot of meltdowns and a lot of tears, and the stress of James ordering me around to shut Cosy up was something I didn't need.

I was essentially single parenting, though James lived with us, he didn't help out. He didn't cook dinner or play with Cosy. He kept himself tucked away for most of the day.

Cosy yawns from beside me, pulling the blanket closed towards her and shutting her eyes. A little smile plays on my lips at just how cute she is, it's been over two years since I've been able to call her mine but I still find myself stopping to stare at this amazing creation Harry and I had made.

"Are you tired Cosy bear?" I coo at her, stroking my finger over her cheek.

"No mama, dada day" she lifts her head up, excited to finally see her dada after two weeks of him being away for work. She nearly screamed with excitement when I told her he was coming home and she'd get to spend a whole week with him.

It was more exciting for her than it was for me.

I missed her when she was away with Harry. My days were lonely without her. So I spent it gardening in the summer months, and decorating the house or cleaning up after the mess Cosy makes when I couldn't get outside. Though nothing really filled the emptiness.

"But I want to snuggle with you all day!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around her so she was completely smothered by me, her little giggles muffled in my t-shirt.