Chapter Seventy

"I'd give all I have honey, if you could stay like that"

Amalia

Amalia

Spring was in the air and Harry was out most days in the garden, fixing up enclosures for our little host of animals we had acquired, he seemed to be getting a lot handier with a drill and a saw nowadays. He'd take himself off into our little woodland area and start constructing, small cages for Lucky, Ozzie, Obi and our two newest little ladies that had only hyped Cosy up even more.

One of our neighbours had found a hedgehog out in their garden during the day, the poor poppet not looking great, but Harry had taken her in, fixed her up and hopefully she was on the mend. I wish I couldn't photographed Cosy's face as Harry walked through the door with a hedgehog in his arms. It was so pure and so wholesome.

She had named the little creature Nibbles and demanded that Nibbles needed a friend. We had both tried to explain to her that we couldn't just take a random hedgehog and place it in a cage with an injured one. It doesn't word like that. It only counts as rescuing animals if the animal is in need of help, to which most of them were not.

Instead of getting another hedgehog friend, Frankie and walked through the doors on Sunday with a little ginger cat tucked away in a carrier. Her friends cat had had kittens and so she thought it was a good idea to bring home one, as if we didn't already have a whole entire rescue centre happening in our back garden.

Harry and I were a little mad at her for not telling us first, we both gave her the lecture of the fact this was our house and our family and she didn't ask before she brought home yet another animal. We would've agreed if she had just told us, it was more the fact that she just walked in as if it was nothing.

And that was how Tigger, or Tiggy as Cose likes to call her, made her way into our lives and very quickly became the best of friends with Ozzie and Obi. I was certain that Tigger actually thought she was an otter. She got on well with all of the animals actually, she was gentle and they were gentle back to her, though her bestest friend was Ottie. Tigger would lay next to Ottie, somehow finding her way into her bassinet and sleeping next to her.

She was a sweet little girl, not at all hyperactive or full or energy. She was soft and gentle and loved cuddling up next to anyone who would give her love.

And that was how our family of eleven came to be.

It was chaos. Pure chaos in the best of ways, though it only made Cosy bounce off of the walls ten times more. We were feeding into her energy and it probably wasn't the best idea. But this wasn't just for her. This wasn't a case of not being able to say no and constantly wanting to put a smile on our daughters face.