Chapter Fifty Two

"Why don't we create a moment to remember in five years?"

Harry

Harry

Today was the day. My mind was a whole host of mixed emotions and I had been up most of the night with silent tears rolling down my cheeks. I wasn't entirely sure if they were all sad, some happy, some confused or excited, maybe some even a little empty.

We were moving out. More specifically, I was leaving behind the house that I had raised Cosy in. I was leaving behind the house that I had lived in for nearly three years now and that alone was making me emotional.

The house had fulfilled its job and now it was time to move on, but there was a little part of me that would miss this house. Even though we don't necessarily feel safe here, it has kept us safe, it's housed our family and it's kept us warm and dry, we've made countless memories here, but it was time to start a fresh.

It was time to wash our hands clean, take a deep breath and reside in a little cottage in the country side.

It was time to have the happy ending we deserved.

I've been sitting alone downstairs with a mug of tea for the past three hours, I didn't want to wake Marlie up, especially not whilst she was thirty three weeks pregnant. We were getting closer and closer to our little dinks and as much as I was filled with excitement, I was filled with nervousness too.

I keep my eyes out the window, the sun had barely risen and there was a heavy fog coating the surroundings of the house. It felt like a gloomy morning. It feels like I'm grieving over a house, when in fact, I'm only too happy to leave.

But there's always those thoughts in the back of my head, there's always those questions spiralling round and tormenting my mind.

What if this wasn't the right thing for us?

What if we got there and actually we hated it?

What if we find so many things wrong, or what if people find us?

What if moving an hour away from everything we know is a mistake?

It was an endless cycle of what ifs in my mind, and I couldn't stop it. I had no idea of what the next few days could entail. I had hoped that it would be filled with happiness and peace as we unpack our lives into our forever home, but my mind wasn't being so kind. My mind wasn't so hopeful. It was preparing for the worst case scenario.

I was ready for disaster when I should've been beyond ecstatic. This was an incredible moment, Marlie and I were moving in together, officially.