Chapter Seventy Two

"I'll be by your side any time you're needing me"

Harry

Harry

Cose had been getting into the swing of going to nursery, she had only been going for four weeks so far, but she seemed to be loving it and was always so excited to go back. They were doing something right clearly.

And Mar and I were starting to warm up to the idea of not having her at home in the mornings, we very quickly busied ourselves with little jobs around the house, or we'd just spend quality time together, with the little added extra of Ottie too, who was growing more and more each day.

Ottie was now three and a half months old, sixteen weeks to be exact and the way the days were just whizzing past made me feel a little nauseous at times. The newborn stage was practically out the window and she was laughing a lot more, smiling at her big sister, and her most recently discovery has been her fingers and toes. Who knew that babies would find their fingers so fascinating?

Frankie was still living with us, though that honestly wasn't much of a surprise. I couldn't see her ever leaving now. She had made her own little space within our house and we could all tell that she enjoyed it here.

Not only were we rescuing animals, but it seems we were rescuing royal castaways too. Though I'm not sure Frankie would be too please with that comment.

It really felt like our family was evolving and though it made me the happiest ever, I did selfishly want time to slow down.

These past four weeks had brought a few little additives to our family, much to Cosy's request Marlie and I caved and got her her chicks and ducklings seeing as it was now late March, the perfect weather for them to splash around in a little kiddie pool we had in the garden for them, which Cosy thought was hilarious.

She had named them all, obviously Cosy being Cosy, but I could remember them for the life of me. They were something like Fluffy, Chicky, Quacky, Tiny, Wobbles and Rosie, but I couldn't be sure on those names, but Cose was over the moon with the newest additions, making it her duty to give each and everyone one of our animals, which was now adding up to twelve in total, a kiss every morning and every night. It was a little ritual she had created.

She didn't know that we had two more little foxes joining us next week, and I think it's best she remains unaware until we get them. Florence and Chester should be coming to their forever home on Wednesday, two little pups that had been brought into the centre after someone found them at the side of the road barely moving. The centre done their best to fix them up, but they couldn't keep them there. They were always hard on space.