Chapter Eighty

"We always find a way to make it out alive"

THE EPILOGUE

Amalia

One year on.

Today was a big day for Harry and I. A huge day in fact. A day that outshined all of the rest, it outshined all of them apart from the day our children were born, for obvious reasons.

Today was a day that made our hearts warm.

Because today was publication day.

Our autobiography Regal, was being published to the world, right as we speak.

Harry and I had been working relentlessly hard whilst I was pregnant and we were both waiting on the centre to be completed, we filled our days with writing. Day in, day out writing and recalling everything that we had been through in the past three years.

We had spoken to professionals and friends, making sure we jot down and include every important detail from my father passing to Cosy being born. We spent nine months hunched over laptops, just writing, writing, writing. We had made it our whole lives, so set on telling our story to the world and gaining back what little control we had nowadays.

We had allowed the dust to settle, but ultimately, we always knew that we wanted to tell our side of the story. Not for attention or money, we didn't want to sell our story and make millions, we didn't want to break records or anything like that, we just wanted to get our point of view out there. We wanted to share with people what was really going on behind the scenes and the heartache it often caused.

We had hopes that people might feel a little more understood, and maybe in some way would be able to relate to our words, though we weren't expecting the nation to pick up our book and read it obsessively, that wasn't what we wanted. We just wanted to write in the hopes that someone may glaze over our words, nod their head and relate in some way, maybe they'll feel listened to or their feelings would feel validated. Either way we just wanted our story out there, in the big wide world.

It was a big jump, writing and publishing something so raw and vulnerable for everyone to see, for the media to get their hands on and scrutinise until our book was in shreds. It was scary knowing my family would get hold of it and read how we were actually feeling and how unfairly we were treated, it was a worrying time and I knew that we would get hounded in some way and once again the blame would be pinned against us.

We were outing everything. Quite literally everything. From how we lied about who Cosy's father was, to the lies about our relationship, as well as mine and James' marriage. The truth was coming out and I didn't feel guilty, though I was scared of the backlash we would face. I was trying my best not to focus on that, but it was so hard not to take things to heart when this was our life and it was our story.