Chapter Sixteen

"I expect the worst from everyone cause I don't think I'm what they want"

Harry

Harry

Marlie had been spending a lot more time with Cosy recently. Trooping the colour was just three days away and Marlie was determined to perfect Cosy's limp left handed wave. She still had her cast on, and it was still very much that ghastly green colour that Marlie's mother complained about.

We had taken Cosy to get it changed, but she screamed and screamed when we told her she had to have it white. She even started kicking the nurse that came close to her. So we left it that same slimey green colour that she seemed to adore, I wasn't sure how that would go down with the royals, but our daughter was happy and that's all we cared about.

Marlie had also been taking her to chose a dress for the occasion, Mar was determined to let her daughter decide what she wants to wear, she's teaching her to be a free person and I love it. Why should she have to live up to expectations that are thousands of years old? It's twenty twenty two- our daughter shouldn't grow up following rules that were created so long ago.

"Puppy!" Cosy squeals as soon as I opened the door to her, I hadn't seen her in three days and Rusty was certainly missing her.

"What about dada?" I look at her in disappointment as she runs straight in, not once flicking her eyes up to me to greet me. I've become dirt on the bottom of her shoe since Rusty came along.

"Jesus Christ- she's been going on about that fox all day" Marlie soon follows behind with a backpack full of Cosy's things, I've never seen her look so tired.

"What's wrong with you?" I frown at her, her usual spark and spring of happiness seems to have withered.

"Your daughter is making me go grey" she huffs, setting the pink backpack on the floor and welcoming herself into my home.

"Hey-" I pull on her hand. "Where's my kiss?" I frown at her.

To my satisfaction she leans in, wrapping her arms around my neck with a sigh and presses a few tired kisses to my lips. She's not herself and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

"Why is Cose stressing you out?" I pull back, deepening my eyebrows at the exhausted look on her face.

"No- that's a lie- it's not her fault" she shakes her head, correcting herself.

"So what is it? What's going on?" I lead her into the living room where Cosy has found all of her toys and has pulled them all onto the carpet, Rusty waiting patiently beside her.