Chapter Eleven

"You may be right, you mate be wrong, but say that you'll bring me along, to the world you see. To the world I close my eyes to see"

Harry

Harry

I never truly knew just how much I hated James until I was standing in his house. His house that he shares with Amalia. Whilst he tried to make up a million excuses as to why Marlie couldn't stay with me for a week or so.

Their relationship was non existent, yet here he was, hanging onto her like she was his most prized possession.

He's a fake.

"James, it's for a week or two, just whilst Cosy recovers" she tries her best to convince him.

"Why can't she come back here?" James furrows his eyebrows at her, acting as if he adored Cosy. He'd make a fantastic actor one day.

"If she stays here, Harry comes too" Marlie offers her final bargain.

Cosy was coming out of hospital this afternoon, and we still hadn't figured out where she was going to stay for the next week. We thought we had decided for Marlie to move in with me, just whilst Cosy was recovering, but James put his foot down. He didn't want Marlie leaving him. And I have no idea why.

"Why do they have to come as a package deal?" He continues to fight his corner, he isn't backing down.

"He's her dad James" she deadpans, not at all amused to be having this concert with him. "And it's my house" she begins a very valid argument.

"And I'm your husband" he argues back like a little child. Cosy is better behaved than him.

"That doesn't mean anything" I intervene, unsure if it was the right time but wanting to back Marlie's argument.

"This isn't anything to do with you" he very forcefully speaks back to me, using his higher power to the best of his ability.

"James" Marlie snaps back. "Seriously, this isn't anything to do with you" she retorts.

"Don't talk to me like that" he shakes his head, needing to be in control. "She's coming back here, she's my daughter as far as the world is concerned."

"No, absolutely not" I step in front of him, so he didn't have access to Marlie, just in case he were to try something, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to make a wrong move.

"Pack your things, you're coming to mine" I create dominance, telling her what's she's doing.

"Okay" she keeps her head down, pushing past James so she can go up the stairs and pack some of her things.  I know she hates him despite what she tells me.