Chapter Fifty Nine

"Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"

Harry

Harry

Being a dad for the second time felt like I had won the lottery. It felt like everything my dreams were made of and it felt right to have a our baby girl in my arms and our little girl twirling around in circles in front of us as she put on a welcome home show for her sister.

Cosy was determined to be so involved in dinky's life and Amalia and I only encouraged it. Dinky needed all the love she could get, we wanted her to feel so loved that she'd never feel lonely in her life. She's too precious to ever feel lonely.

We had only been home from the hospital for an hour, and after an hour of settling in and dinky getting cuddles with her nanny Anne for the first time, Cosy had decided that she didn't like all of this attention on her baby sister and she was adamant to put on a show for us all to watch her and only her.

It was her way of getting our attention. It was all normal behaviour but it did make my heart sink a little when I realised what her tactics were. The whole reason we had Frankie staying with us at the moment was so Cosy didn't feel so lonely whilst we were busy with her sister, but I guess nothing was quite like having your parents attention.

It's not that we were ignoring her, we were just having to learn how to shift our attention and spread it out across the two of them without one of them feeling left out, it seemed we hadn't quite hacked it yet.

Mar and I still had so much to learn.

When we had arrived home a little over an hour ago, we were slightly at loss of what to do and where to go from here. I wasn't sure if we should let her sleep, or pass her around like a prized trophy, I wasn't sure if we needed space or a calm day or if Marlie wanted to see her family and pay her respects to her father.

I just didn't know what was expected of us.

The world was still blissfully unaware of dinky's arrival, apparently the slight commotion we had caused outside of the hospital had been diffused as a misunderstanding and no one suspected a thing. Marlie being pregnant hadn't even made its way across the media which was a shock to us all.

I think dinky was our best kept secret yet.

The world was also unaware of Mar's dad passing. According to Frankie the news was due to break at midday, ideally it should've been done yesterday but the family wanted to allow people to enjoy their Christmas, they also felt as though they needed a day to themselves just to process what had happened before the media got their hands on the story and the palace was swarmed.