Chapter Fourteen

"I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this"

Harry

Harry

Living with Amalia was incredibly harder than I thought it would be. Of course, she's very helpful and does what she can, but also she steps back and allows me to catch up on missed time with Cosy. But the slightly romantic tension was killing us both.

I saw the way she looked at me when she thought I wasn't looking. And sometimes I just couldn't help myself and I'd slide my hand into hers, or rest it upon her thigh when I was driving, or even wrapping my arm around her shoulders as we watched Cosy run around with Rusty outside.

For the past few days, it's felt as if we were a couple. It's felt like we were in a romantic relationship and if I was honest, I didn't really want it to stop.

"You smell good" Marlie rests her head on my bicep whilst I cut Cosy's toast into little pieces.

"I showered" I tell her, already feeling my stomach flutter at her close proximity. I was always weak at the knees for Marlie.

That's the whole reason why I had never ventured off and found a woman to keep me company. Because none of them would be Marlie. None of them would make me feel the way she feels. That and the fact that we are sitting on a secret that would shock the nation if it were to ever get out.

Things like this were not taken lightly.

If I had a lover gone wrong, who knew about Marlie and I's love child, I'm sure our story would be sold to the press for millions of pounds. Newspapers like the sun or the daily mail pay so high to get an insight into the royal family's lives. It's invasive and wrong on so many levels.

It was a scandal just waiting to happen. We were both aware that at some point in Cosy's life, it would come out. We couldn't hide her forever. One day, she'd go to school and tell everyone she's got two dads. One day it'll just slip out. One day there will be pictures and one day we won't be able to deny it.

"We shouldn't be this close" I tell her, trying to calm my nerves from having her breathe into my ear.

"I know" she hums, but doesn't make any move to get off, in fact, she relaxes a little more into my body.

"Marlie" I hint at her, afraid this could quickly lead into something else. Something more. Something that shouldn't be.

But it was like the galaxies were pushing us together. No matter how far away we tried to run from each other, the universe was pushing us together. Like it was meant to be.