Chapter Sixty Six

"You're just another picture to burn"

Amalia

Amalia

Little Lucky had made a perfect tiny addition to our family. Cosy was absolutely besotted over him and would barely leave him alone. Rusty was just the same, though his intentions were not as pure as Cosy's.

He had been staying with us for five days now and in that time he had seemed to be making a steady recovery, though Harry says he still has a long way to go and he isn't out of the woods yet.

Not only that, but James had finally signed his half of the divorce papers and there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I was certain that now he was in a relationship with Cassie, he'd do anything possible to make that divorce go through quicker, he'll want to snatch Cassie up in the blink of an eye, I just know it. He'll want to marry her and create a family with her and get to the top of the game.

He wants that trophy, he wants that place on the podium. If he doesn't become king consort one day and doesn't get his own way then god help us all. James was a forced to be reckoned with and I actually felt a little sorry for Cassie that she had been blinded by his terrible ways. She had fallen in love with a man who didn't care about her, he didn't worry over her, he didn't care about what she wanted. He only cared about himself, his money, his title and his fame.

Unless there was more to him than meets the eye, though in my two years of marriage with him, I had never seen anything other than selfishness with him. I had never seen a strike of emotion that wasn't utterly forced.

He was just another one of their royal robots they had perfectly crafted to stand in front of the press and look like someone's Prince Charming. He could stand before hundreds of people and they'd all run to the media and gush over how gorgeous he was and what an amazing man he is, but there was nothing behind those eyes of his.

I think he was the definition of 'nothing but a pretty face'. There was no sparkle behind those eyes, no life that seemed worth living with him. He wasn't real or likeable, I had no idea how he had stolen the publics eye. Maybe it just was with his pretty face.

But even then, Harry won that competition by miles. Harry was a dreamboat if I was being completely cheesy. Harry was my safe haven and my sunny thoughts, he was everything and more to me. I never understood how my family and the media just couldn't see that. I didn't understand how they couldn't see how happy he made me and how genuine he was.

They made him out to be the villain and their minds were not changing. That was that. He was the bad guy and no matter what he done to try and change their minds, they wouldn't budge. My heart broke for him really. He had tried so hard, he done everything he could and they still ignored his presence. I can't imagine how Harry must feel being so shut out by them, he claims he's fine but it must play on his mind a little.