Chapter Seventy Three

"I come alive when I hear your voice it's a beautiful sound, it's a beautiful noise"

Harry

Harry

The news got out to the world pretty quickly. It was plastered over magazines and newspapers that we would be opening up our very own rescue centre from the comfort of our own house and land. The news seemed to shock the world and many animal activists is just genuinely trolls thought they had every right to stick their noses in and tell us that we weren't qualified to keep animals, and that we couldn't keep animals in our back garden.

People on the internet seemed to know everything apparently. An article gets out and that's it, Jason from Cornwall thinks he's an expert in everything and feels the need to tell us what we can and can't do.

We paid no mind to them, of course. Though it did make me rather angry when people who didn't even know us felt the need to comment on our lives and make a point of the fact we didn't have a clue what we were doing.

They were wrong as always. And I don't actually think there has been a single time when they were right about anything.

Apparently a couple of people had spoken up and tried to protest this going ahead, but obviously it made no difference, the decision had already been made and random people online were not going to change that.

And so the building work started today. The trees were taken down and uprooted at the weekend and the builders came bright and early this morning ready to start work and I was just so excited to see this finally come together, though I still knew it'd be a long road from here.

When we had eventually told Cosy, she screamed. She actually let out a shrill scream of excitement and jumped around the house like a little frog, and proceeded to make everything about our rescue centre for the next few days, until she kind of forgot about it and got bored of waiting for it to happen.

But in the meantime, we've had our hands busy with our newest additions Florence and Chester, which Cosy likes to call them Flo and Chessie. I admit that the animal situation was getting a little out of hand in our house and it quite literally was like we had just opened the back door and let all of these strays wander in. There was a lot going on and we were desperate for this building work to end so we could claim our house back.

But Florence and Chester had been a little harder work that we had anticipated, they were tiny shy little things, nothing at all like Rusty, and the two of them were terrified of their own shadows, which made life a little difficult when Cosy ran around screaming most of the time. Her noise scared them and they'd just sit in the corner shaking.