Chapter Thirty One

"You're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

Amalia

Amalia

My mind was a mess, as was my life. Everything fell like dominoes and I was lost within my own mind. I often didn't know which way was up, nor did I know how each hour would play out.

It was like Harry and I were just patiently waiting by the phone, glaring at it like it was our enemy, waiting until another story came out to ruin our lives.

It was a guessing game of what was going to come next. Birth certificates? Medical documents? Personal photos? Recordings of arguments? There was endless archives that they could be storing.

It really could be anything coming next. We had to be prepared for every situation, though it's hard to be prepared for everything you've ever known disappearing and your whole life changing in the blink of an eye.

The article came exactly five hours after the publish of my letter.

Five painful hours of wondering what was next, five hours of wallowing in doubt and grumbling in despair.

Though five hours may seem like a long time, it came around so quickly, it felt like whiplash to the both of us.

It came out in big angry letters, all pointing towards a secret love affair with none other than Mr Harry Styles.

We knew it was coming, but what we didn't know was that it came with an added picture that had been clipped from a video. A video that was on my camcorder. A video from Africa.

It was a picture of the two of us kissing. It was quite obvious it was us, and it was quite clear what the two of us were indulging in.

That's when something in me flipped. That's when all of this buried anger came to surface, just like that cursed picture of us.

"We need to leave" I decide for what seems like the fifth time today. I'm ditching everything I know and my mind is just telling me to run, constantly. That should've been the first red flag.

For the past week, everything in my body has just been telling me to run. And I should've listened the first time it told me to up and go.

"What?" Harry looks at me through squinted eyes. He had decided to take a nap just fifteen minutes before the article came out and I think this was possibly the worst way to be awoken.

He had barely fallen asleep.

I was actually speechless. Just looking at that intimate picture on my phone, the photo being the headline of all news outlets, it felt wrong. So wrong.