Chapter Forty Two

"And if this child shares a fraction of your smile or a fragment of your mind, look out world that would be enough"

Harry

Harry

Amalia and I came back home as soon as the doctors cleared her to. They had told her she had incredibly high blood pressure and if it wasn't stabilised then we would be at risk of actually losing our child.

That was a hard blow. It was rough to hear and it sent Amalia into yet another spiral of tears. She had been prescribed medication and prenatal vitamins, as well as being told not to do any strenuous activities.

Apparently our little love was the size of a pomegranate, but in our case, a very small pomegranate. She was tiny, just like Cose was. Though she seemed to be developing just fine, she was measuring a lot smaller than the average baby, which means we've got a tiny girl on our hands. A tiny doll for Cose to play with.

It was a funny thing to think about. How for four months, a little baby girl had been snug inside of Marlie, so snug that she didn't even want us to know of her presence. She's been with us through it all and we are so lucky that she's still here with us.

We could've lost her a handful of times. And I'm glad we had postponed serving the lawsuit to the media, after Marlie got ill, we decided we had bigger problems on our hands and suint the media would have only caused more uproar and an unnecessary load of stress that would've put Marlie and our unborn daughters life at risk.

We made the right decision with that.

I wasn't sure where this was going to take us or when we would eventually get around to suing the papers, but we had more important topics to handle, more precious cargo to worry about.

I still couldn't get over the fact that there was a little baby inside of Marlie and yet you'd never know.

We hadn't told anyone, not even Frankie or Harry's mum. Frankie had been blowing up Marlie's phone the whole time, and my mum had been constantly phoning and texting me, dying to get ahold of me. Of course, neither of them knew anything.

Frankie had left us both countless voicemails, we hadn't listened to a single one. I was surprised she hadn't sent out a search party just yet. But she was worried about us, so it wasn't a shock to see her burst from the door when we eventually pulled up outside.

We hadn't discussed telling anyone, but I assumed we would. We were towards the end of the second trimester, there still could be complications but for the most part, if Amalia followed the midwives rules then our little lady stood a good chance of survival in this world.