Chapter Fifty Three

"It's so much colder than I thought it would be"

Amalia

Amalia

Cose was finding the move hard. At first she was excited, she wandered around the house with such light in her eyes, but it was day two of us waking up at Regal Meadow and she didn't seem pleased.

She just wanted her own room, her own playroom and her toys. She just wanted everything to be as it had been.

But it was taking a while to unpack and even after we had unpacked her toys, she still wasn't happy. Her room wasn't set up, she didn't have a bed frame so she was sleeping on a mattress and we hadn't had a proper meal in two days now.

It had completely thrown her out of routine, and us too.

Most of the time Cosy just threw herself to the floor, wailing and kicking her legs around, unsure of why she was really crying. Things were just different and I don't think it was that she didn't like the house, I just think it was a shock to the system despite the amount of warnings we had given her about it happening.

I wasn't entirely sure what to do with her, especially since I could lift her up or crouch down on the floor to speak to her.

So our mission had been to unpack and at least get an idea of how to decorate Cosy's room and the playroom. Those were the two most important rooms right now if we wanted a happy Cose.

I had asked her what colour she wanted her bedroom and if she wanted animals, princesses, flowers, rainbows or mermaids, or maybe even something completely different. She said she wanted animals and she wanted it pink, just like her old room.

So I had headed straight to Pinterest, finding something I loved, but also something that was practical and something that I knew she would love too.

Harry got going with the pink floral wall paper as an accent wall and the others a creamy colour which was completely expected to get crayon and sticky handprints all over it. We were still waiting on her bed frame to be delivered and some bigger furnishings, but it was in the process of being painted and hopefully within a few days Cose could have her room back.

Apart from that, most things were still in boxes, Frankie had been staying with us to help out but not much had been done. She'd mostly just walk the lengths of the garden with Rusty, and occasionally Harry and Cose. Frankie said she already had plans for the garden and how to make it look like my Pinterest dreams.

I couldn't wait until it was finished in it's entirely and our baby dinky was in our arms.

There wasn't long to go now.