Chapter Forty Five

"I've never been a natural all I do is try, try, try"

Harry

Harry

Life was seeming rather messy recently. The media was a mess, our lawsuit was all up in the air, my relationship with my sister and Marlie's relationship with her family and husband was all a mess.

But there was a beacon of hope and despite what felt like the world crumbling at our feet, things were looking up.

The glass shattered across the floor was slowly being swept away and our china hearts were being pieced back together.

Our lives felt like we had no grip on them, we had no control or say, yet things seemed to be working out.

Not everything, of course, but the things that held a rather large significance in our lives were all heading in the right direction.

I don't think I had ever seen Marlie so happy than she was in the past two weeks. It's been officially three weeks since we found out about our little lady, which means Amalia was now twenty one weeks pregnant, the whole thing felt incredibly surreal. It had also been two weeks since we had announced our news to Cosy and she was the most excited about a little sister, it's all she ever mentioned.

In every other sentence she'll bring up the fact that mama has a baby in her tummy and she's getting a baby girl. She's been practicing for her little sisters arrival already, she'll stuff poorly Rusty into a toy pram and push him around the house singing her little nursery rhymes to him and saying things like "good baby" or "come on baby".

Rusty wasn't pup anymore, he was baby.

And if it wasn't Rusty she was tormenting, it was her dolls. She'd drag them around the house by their legs and swing them around until she'll fall over in dizziness. Amalia seemed to be taking it quite lightly, the way in which Cosy was treating her dollies, she would laugh and tut, watching her near enough attack her plastic dolls.

Whereas I nearly had a heart attack the first time I saw her dangling her doll by it's ankle, a cheeky smile on her face as she runs around the house with it. I hoped to god she was going to be a little gentler when the actual baby came and we had a real life to protect from her menacing ways.

She had been a lot gentler with Rusty than she was with her dolls, so perhaps her baby sister stood a chance at surviving her sisters impulses.

The media was still a mass of destruction, but it was calming down little by little. Frankie had actually been the one to speak out, because god knows we couldn't have. She was the one to publish a statement and put out to the world just how disgusted she was about our heartbreaking news being shared and frenzied over.