Chapter Twenty Five

"Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls, it'll never be enough"

Harry

Harry

There are so many perfect things about Amalia, so many things that I love and cherish. There are so many things about her that just get overlooked by everyone else, but I notice everything.

I notice how desperate she is to calm my racing mind, and I notice how her own mind works frantically to slow mine. I notice how gentle her touch is when I'm feeling vulnerable and weak, I notice how soft her voice is when she's speaking to me after something has upset me. I notice the concern in her eyes when she looks at me, and though it hurts to see her like that, those are just some of the few reasons as to why I love her.

Not to mention the purity of her smile or the the way her eyes hide years of pain. You'd never think it. She carries it well. Not only that, but her heart is so warm and golden, it's a breath of fresh air and the amount of love she has to give makes me all gooey inside.

"Are you mama's pretty girl?" Marlie speaks to Cosy. I'm watching from the doorway, the two of them giggling with each other as Marlie gets Cose dressed for the day, there's a smile on both of their faces, yet Marlie still carries some sort of sadness with her, even in her happy moments, there's still something tugging her down.

"You are the prettiest girl in the whole wide world!" Marlie gushes over Cosy in a pair of white dungarees, lightly pinching at her cheeks to make her smile.

"Pretty mama" Cosy babbles, pointing her finger into Marlie's face.

"Pretty mama? No" Marlie giggles, "pretty Cosy!" She redirects. "You're dada's double, aren't you?" She smiles back at her daughter, ignoring the compliment Cosy tried to give her. "You've got your dada's eyes and that's my favourite thing, little miss Cosy." Cose flutters her eyelids at her, dramatically blinking her eyes.

"Geen with dada" she points at her own eyes, and then goes to stick her fingers in Marlie's eyes. "Mama have bown" she points out.

"I do have brown eyes, you're right, clever girl" she praises. "You have curly hair too, and isn't that so beautiful!" Marlie turns Cosy by her shoulders so she was now facing the full length mirror, Mar brings her fingers to Cosy's hair, gently brushing through the curls.

"And, Cosy has the cutest little smile" Marlie continues to compliment her daughter, picking out tiny things that she loves about her.

"And Cosy has a brilliant imagination, and you are so clever and kind and creative- and you're also very brave, that's important too" she nods her head.