Chapter Fifty Eight

"I had the best day with you today"

Amalia

Amalia

We had spent a solid hour with our tiny girl before we had decided to share the news with Frankie and Anne, both of them were over the moon to say the least.

Anne had been spending her Christmas Day helping out at a soup kitchen in her local area, her way of giving back to the community, despite how much we claimed we wanted to spend Christmas Day with her. She was still on her way over, and promised to come straight to the hospital to meet her granddaughter.

She was so excited when we told her, clapping and smiling from ear to ear. It felt amazing to finally have people clap for us and cheer us on.

Frankie screamed when I had FaceTimed her with dinky in my arms, so loud that she caused her new baby niece to start whining from her noise. She had then started crying and gushing over how adorable she looked and how tiny she was.

I was yet to flash off our new baby to Cose, but Harry and I had spoken to her over the phone to tell her that her baby sister was here and her reaction was a moment I would hold in my heart forever. Her little gasp of excitement and that golden sparkle in her eyes brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't wait to finally hold both of my girls in my arms.

It just felt like we were living in the most perfect bubble surrounded by love and everything was peaceful. But I knew that bubble would soon pop the second my family or the media got their hands on our precious news.

We were trying to keep is a secret for as long as humanly possible, but considering there was a small crowd of cameras waiting outside of the hospital doors, I didn't think it would take long before they clock on and realise why we were here.

It was a scary thought, sharing our family with the world, our precious tiny girl who was only an hour old. I wanted to wrap her up in cotton wool and keep her safe from the worlds dangers, but that wasn't real life. It wasn't a realistic thing to do, but I was going to try my absolute best to shield her from as much as I can.

It's what any responsible parent would do.

And because of that very reason, we had a very strict rule of who could come in and out of the hospital room. We didn't want just anyone running around with our news.

"I can't believe she's actually here" Harry whispers, we very quickly learnt that dinky was incredibly sensitive to noise at the moment, so our words had been whispers since then, too afraid to wake her peaceful slumber.