Chapter Thirteen

"Industry disrupters and soul deconstructors and smooth talking hucksters out glad handing each other and the voices that implore 'you should be doing more' to you I can admit that I'm just too soft for all of it."

Amalia

Amalia

I was woken up by Cosy tugging at my bedsheets. Or should I say, Harry's bed sheets.

"Mama come" Cosy slaps her hand on the end of the bed, and I'm forced to peel my eyes open.

The first thing that shocks me is the sunlight streaming through the curtains that have now been opened. I had slept all afternoon and all night. That was rare.

"Good morning my little princess" I heave myself up, taking in my surroundings a bit more and that's when I notice Harry waiting by the door, eagerly urging Cosy to wake me up.

"What's going on?" I look at him, a little confused as to why the two of them were waiting by the door.

"Did you sleep well princess?" He ignores my question.

"Why are you standing in my room?" I don't care to answer his question either.

"It's actually my room" he corrects me.

"Okay- but what's going on?"

"I'm taking Cose to get her surprise, do you want to come?" He raises his eyebrows at me, wanting to know if I was joining them.

"Uh yeah- just give me time to get ready" I stretch my arms out, feeling the most refreshed I have possibly ever felt. His bed must have magical powers.

"We'll go and make you breakfast- jam on toast as usual?" He asks, knowing my favourite thing to have for breakfast off by heart. It's the small things like this that he doesn't forget and it warms my heart.

"Yes please- but-" I go to tell him exactly how I like it.

"Not too much butter and cut it in half, I know" he remembers with a smile.

"Come on then little lady, let's leave mama to it" he ushers Cosy out of the room, keeping his watchful eyes on her at all times. Though me might be acting calm and collected on the outside, I'm wells aware that inside he's still worrying incessantly about Cosy's health.

"Bye mama" Cosy waves with her hand that is in one piece.

I thought we'd have more of a drama over her casted up arm, but she seems to be adapting really well to it. If anything, I'd say she's enjoying having it on. She's definitely enjoying all the attention she's getting.