Chapter Thirty Three

"You tie up your hair and you smile like it's no big deal"

Amalia

Amalia

My parents communications team published their statement yesterday morning. Of course the whole entire world descended into chaos as they learnt that even my parents had no idea of Cosy's biological father and they had no idea of this little affair Harry and I had going on.

Everyone was falling for it. Shaming me and sending disgusting messages my way for hiding such a thing from my family.

There was nothing I could really do. I had been attempting to write some kind of statement to eventually publish, sharing my side of the story and everything I've been through. But my attempts quickly came to a halt when I just lost all motivation I had to fight.

I was done. I wanted this chapter of my life over with. I didn't want to prolong our suffering anymore.

Perhaps one day I'll want to fight for justice and say my piece. Maybe within a few months I'll come to term with everything that has happened and share the news that the world needs to hear. But for now I was done.

All my life I had been told to never respond to the media, we're told to never react or feed into it. I didn't realise I'd still be following the same stupid rules even though I am officially banished from the institution.

It was a smart rule, depending on the situation and it was keeping us out of trouble right now so I was slightly thankful for that.

I had now vowed to erase all traces of my family, apart from Frankie, from my mind, though it was proving rather difficult.

Someone from my mothers team had come to drop off a few personal items I had left at Westwell Cottage, and our lives were now packed into boxes in Harry's spare room. They had quite quickly removed everything from the cottage and dumped it all on Harry's doorstep which I wasn't expecting.

I also hadn't heard from James since I left. I had tried contacting him, just to create peace and ask where he was staying or how he was doing, if he needed anything or if I could help him out in any way, which I wasn't sure if he totally deserved, but he never answered the phone.

Though James and I never once cared for each other, we lived together and spent endless hours together at events and formalities, yet he's just disappeared like it was nothing. I didn't like the man, but I'd like to create peace. It was only right.

I just didn't have it in me to fight for anything anymore. If things were to fall apart, I wasn't running around with glue.

All I had was my little family by my side and they are what made me the happiest.