Chapter Sixty Five

"You drew stars around my scars"

Harry

Harry

It was essentially the day after Cosy's birthday that Amalia and I began sifting through the legal papers again. We hadn't touched them for months, but she was determined to sort through them, serve the divorce files, take the papers to court and get justice. She was a woman on a mission now, determined to get her life back.

I just wasn't so sure that it was as easy as she seemed to be making out. There were loopholes and ways for the media to jump around our claims, very easily throwing us back in the limelight when we're so desperately fighting to get out of it. We had to be incredibly careful of how we played this, especially if we were to involve her family's name, the last thing we want is for us to be blamed or penalised.

I was worried about the negative press all of this would cause, though Marlie was more worried over the backlash this could cause from James.

I had many words to describe James and I'd be honest and say that not many of them were kind, frankly because I had never had a good experience with James. That man was the main character in the majority of my nightmares. He made it worse for himself, I was sure of it.

And now he was burrowed into some kind of strange relationship with Marlie's sister. That was disturbing within itself. They had stepped out into the world yesterday, not quite hand in hand, but they were getting a little too close for comfort, at one point Cassie leaned in towards James and I swear she was about to rest her head upon his shoulder, but she quickly corrected her actions and sat herself up straighter, trying her best to play it out.

It was obvious for the whole world to see that they were somewhat romantically involved, whether it was genuine or not, they were still seen out together. I truly believed they were just doing it to spite Mar, they wanted to get back at her and rub it into our faces, but little did they know that neither of us actually cared what they were up to. I didn't phase us one bit. It was strange, unsettling and slightly frustrating to see them like that, but we weren't hung up on it. 

We were also secretly grateful that it took a touch of the limelight off of Marlie. A lot of the papers were splashed with photos of Cassandra and James getting cosy as they flash their new relationship to the world.

It was surprising to see that a lot of people actually disagreed with the relationship and thought it was rather disrespectful how they had stepped out together on the day of her fathers funeral like it was a red carpet run way. Not only that, but she was hanging around with Marlie's husband. Not ex husband, not yet.