Chapter Five

"He wanted a bride, I was making my own name"

Amalia

Amalia

Flashback June 2019

I never wanted to get married young. Though I wanted a family, I never planned to get married at twenty two.

This wasn't in my five year plan.

And it certainly wasn't in my plan to get married to a man I barely knew. A man that I didn't love or care for.

Marriage was supposed to be for love. Not to upkeep an outdated image of our family.

Today I was getting married for all of the wrong reasons, and I've been trying to hold my tears back all morning.

James and I had only been 'engaged' for three weeks. A wedding was planned at lightning speed, though thankfully it would only be a small ceremony, with our closest family and friends.

I was now nine weeks pregnant and HR were running out of time to marry me in. The plan was to announce my pregnancy a few weeks after our wedding, we'd create yet another lie and tell the world our baby would be born in late February, when our due date was actually early January.

Heaven forbid our child came early and HR had yet more lies to throw on top of us.

"You look beautiful" Harry mumbles from beside me, a sad smile has been painted on his face all day.

He tells me he's fine, but I know he's lying. He says he doesn't care but I know he's lying.

He wears the most gorgeous suit, with golden detailing. He looks like a prince.

James said he wasn't invited to our wedding, in fact, James has been pretty mad at me for not telling him about Harry, he's mostly given me the silent treatment, or the occasional smart remark. I tend to ignore him.

I demanded that Harry came, he was the father of my child, he had a rightful seat at our wedding, though I was very aware that Harry might feel a little twinge of jealousy. So I told him it was up to him if he came or not.

He wanted to come.

He wanted to watch the shit show come to life.

"Don't like the dress" I hum, trying to fix the neckline. "It's not me" I decided with a frown. The dress was chosen by my mother, with only three weeks to plan a royal wedding, our resources were a little limited, and I didn't have a choice in anything.